So I want to grow some bud..

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by TheBlueBeast, Oct 22, 2005.

1. Here in about three or four months a buddy of mine and I plan on moving in together. Well, since he and I both smoke we agreed we would just grow our own smoke and not have to worry about buying it anymore. Plus, I can grow whatever I want. I can try out all different kinds of exotic strains, and all I gotta do is grow it.

Anywho, I know I need lights and a grow room. How big should my grow room be? We thought about just getting a small 3 bedroom place and using a bedroom for it, but I would think I wouldn't need that big a space.

I have read about grwo boxes, which I am clueless in. I don't know much about flowering, no idea how to cross-breed, but I want to learn. I figure I have three or four months to learn this shit, and I might as well do it so my first grow isn't a complete waste of money. Feel me?

So I ask all you knowledgable fellows at GC for some help. I need links, info from you, anything oyu see useful. Once I do get everything setup I will be taking plenty of pics for GC to see.

2. There are plenty of grow journals and how to's here on the City also check out ganjaland.com (haven't spent much time there but you never know) and then there is the grow bible :smoke:

http://my.marijuana.com/Bible.php?loc=22&id=1

3. I'm so lost. I visit these sites and instead of answering questions it just raises more, useless. Gues I'll buy it forever.

4. Flowering is the stage at which you shut the lights off for 12 hrs, which causes your plant to produce bud if it is a female.

A grow box is just a smaller area to grow in which means less plants. If you were to use a whole bedroom, you could probably fit plenty of plants to last you for a while

5. TBB: Growing weed is by far one of the easiest things you can do. Some people like to make it complicated, which is fine, but it really is as simple or complicated as you want it to be. I don't think there is a human being on earth stupid enough to not be able to grow pot, so just read up a bit more and I'm sure you'll get it. Try to read "Beginner" guides if you can, because some of the advanced guides will confuse you at first because you won't know the basics, but that's fine.

Here's a site that has a lot of guides:

http://greenmanspage.com/guides/

Also search your favorite peer-to-peer network or torrent directory for videos on growing pot. There are plenty of them out there. Here's some bittorrent links: http://torrentspy.com/search.asp?query=marijuana

6. I want to grow some sort of Sativa but everything I read says inside growing isn't good for a Sativa. I figure if I use a 1000W HID light I should be ok?

7. Sativa strains aren't as good for indoor growing just because they grow quite tall and take longer to mature.

8. The more sativa in the genetics, the taller it will grow. Growing really isnt that hard. You should figure out where you'll be growing, and how much before you go buying a 1000 watt light, you may not even need that much, and it will be a waste of your money, and you'll be more likely to burn your plants.

9. Well if the Sativa is going to be really tall I would think I would need a 1000W since it would have to be higher up. Unless I can suspend the lights somehow and rig it to where I can lift and lower them...growing has me intrigued. Whats a good nice Sativa strain to grow for first timers? I've never had really dank bud, but I want it so bad. So when I do grow it I want it to be REALLY good. Suggestions?

10. how tall is your ceiling?

11. I won't know where I am actually growing my bud until me and my buddy move in together. But we are thinking about gettin a whole nother bedroom if we have too, but I don't think we will need too.

12. Ok, when I go to seed sites and I look at yield size it says something like 300-350 /m2 or something like that.....is that 300 grams per seed? Confused here..

13. If I were to use a whole bedroom how many lights would I need? And what power should they be? I only want to grow at most 7 seeds at one time. Thanks for your help so far. Oh, and what is with all this stuff I'm reading about the fertilizer levels. I don't understand that at all.

14. http://forum.grasscity.com/showthread.php?t=18434

if u really want to learn growing marijuana u need to start reading guides and searching for other people grow diary... read sid guide.. it got me understanding the way marijuana grows from seedling to flowering.. most of your questions are already answer, is just u willing too look for it and read it... good luck on your grow.. and if u get stuck on something we would glady help u...