Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

concentrate cannabutter

• Please log in to reply

medicaltoke

medicaltoke

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
can you use concentrates such as earwax or oil to make canna-butter instead of bud? how much should i use and will it be more potent? is there a different way to cook it into the butter?

Brenjin

Brenjin

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,801 posts
yeah concentrates work great in edibles just the same as bud, only easier.

Depending on how your concentrates were made you might have to decarboxylate it first, but if it was made correctly then all you really have to do it just melt it into the butter.

For a lower tolerance .3-6g of dank bud is good for a single dose. For a higher tolerance its anywhere from .8-1.5g per edible.

assuming average dank can give you a 7:1 ratio for higher end concentrates then you would use 1/7th the weight in hash per edible. so .1g for lower tolerance and .2g for higher tolerance should work for a single dose.

Obviously this all depends on quality and type of hash and can vary greatly, but i hope this gives you a basic idea
  • Paleo Edibles likes this

Paleo Edibles

Paleo Edibles

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 2,217 posts
The difference is you want to cook with less butter, as to not dilute the dose, if thats what you're going for. Otherwise, it's all the same thing.

medicaltoke

medicaltoke

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
i want to use either earwax hash or just some oil. will this make my edibles more potent? or just an easier way to cook it.

and as far as taste im sure it will make it taste better also?

mosaicAce

mosaicAce

• Registered Upgraded
  • 419 posts

The difference is you want to cook with less butter, as to not dilute the dose, if thats what you're going for. Otherwise, it's all the same thing.

that way you can make small little candies or truffles that knock you on your ass :D

haruhiro

haruhiro

Self-Proclaimed Fruit

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Well then. Didn't realize it was really that easy

Sent from my LG-E980 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)