My greenhouse grow

Discussion in 'Greenhouses' started by MarijuanaFan, Dec 14, 2010.

1. ok the cannabis makes the title accurate and therefore, this thread is now cool:cool:
    hey, question about carnivorous plants... can they survive off of food alone? or do they need some fairly ok soil as well?
    this is just a nutrient related question, but if you got other wisdom you wanna share, feel free:)

2. No problem. Carnivorous plants have to grow in a poor nutrient soil as they get all of their nutrients from insects in the wild. If you were to grow them in a high nutrients soil, it would result in the death of the plant.
    These plants also require partial sun as full sun will kill them as they are jungle plants. Nepenthes are the jungle plants that is, CP's like Sundews and Sarracenias love more light, like full sun.

3. so any natural soil would probably work as it'd be more nutrient deprived, what about straight perlite?
    and thx for answering, these carnivorious plants are pretty interesting, but whether they got ALL of their nutes from food or not is something i just COULDN'T find on google, so thx man

4. dude I totally have the frog lighter :smoke:

nice greenhouses

5. Hi there. I dont use straight perlite for any of my CP's. I use a mix of long fiber sphagnum, preferably the New Zealand long fiber sphagnum, Orchid bark, perlite, peat, Osmunda fiber and some horticultural washed silica sand. I make sure the mix is an airy well drained mix as Nepenthes which I mostly grow like a well drained mix, otherwise they will suffer from root rot.

6. Just took a fresh new pic of my 4 TW's today. They're almost 4 feet tall now. I cant wait till they reach 6 feet tall.

[​IMG]

7. looking good mate:wave:

8. I also ordered th sweet skunk, and grape god along with a couple others in pick n mix(somas somango and paradise vertigo) . Have you got your beans yet? When did you place your order? Good luck on the grow I'm going to sit back and observe.

9. Hi there. I wasn't able to order my beans. I made the order, tried to pay with the Wal-Mart money card I got and the card was somehow invalid. Turned out that Walmart spelled my name wrong and didn't want to fix my card when it was their fault about the mistake. The ended up putting a "security" block on my card, not allowing me to retrieve my money. Walmart just took my money and ran.

I wont ever be doing business with Walmart again,lol. How do your plants look? Did you get just regular seeds or all Feminized?

Also, I have a question. In my pic of 4 Trainwrecks, 2 of them are females and the other 2 wont show their gender yet. Do you know what the problem may be with them? They're growing very healthy, they just wont show their gender yet, and at almost 4 feet tall, they should of shown themselves by now. The other 2 did and turned out to be both ladies, luckily.

10. Thanks, I'll be keeping you and everyone posted in the next week on these beauties.

11. Hell yeah. Unfortunately that lighter is empty now. I need to find another frog lighter,LOL.

Thanks. You should see how large my Trainwrecks are getting. Them things grow crazy fast.

12. That's bs, I'd be hella pissed about that.
    I orderd all fem, just hopin I recieve them soon. As far as why all didn't show sex at the same time I just think the other two need a little more time. Maybe there not feelin mature enough to show sex yet. Hopefuly there all fem.
    What are the dementions of your green house?

13. Yeah, I was pissed about that. It was a bit over 80 usd that was taken. I hope the Attitude will still let me do business with them. I let them know about the money card issue and that when I make some more money, that I'll take care of the seeds. They seem very understandable, but still though.

My greenhouse is 8 feet deep, like 5 feet wide and 7 feet tall.

The weird thing about the other 2 that aren't showing their sexes yet, is in the areas they should be showing their sex, they are making some weird growth that I've never seen before on any Cannabis plants. It starts out male looking, then forms into what looks like new branch growth.

I'll have to take some pics of them when I can. I'll have to wait till my dad isn't home as I dont want him to see me taking pics of them,lol. I was finally able to convince him to let me grow, but he doesn't want me to take pics of them, which is totally understandable.

14. Yeah my dad was the same way when I started, it's totaly legit tho, medical mmj isn't a bad thing but to thos old farts were just getting high. Haha. It sounds like they mite be male then, have you ever grown a male before? They grow clusters of pollin sacks that look like clusters of bannanas, hints why people call them bannanas. I've had a few males in my day along with a hole crop of hermies too.
    How do you contact attitude? The first time I tried to order the bank closed my debit card and didn't let me purchase them because it was out of the uk. The second time worked tho, I just want to know how I could track them in the mail, I'm getting very ancious to see when there going to arive.

15. Hi there. Sorry for my slow response. Haven't really been in the best of mood lately. Still looking for work in this shitty economy. No luck yet so far.

Anyways. To answer your question, yes, I have grow alot of males. Thats actually how I was able to make the seeds for this TW grow. The plants you see growing in the pics, I made their seeds from a male and female TW. A buddy from Cali sent me 1 male and 2 female TW unrooted cuts that I rooted myself them pollinated the 2 females. The 2 weird ones, definitely aren't males yet from the growth they're showing so far.

As with Contacting The Attitude, I just contact them through their site.

16. How are the plants turning out? They out grow the greenhouse yet? I made a makeshift greenhouse for my plants. Got the seeds from the tude and another set since the first. Did they all turn out fem? Just Thot I'd stop by and see how progress is going, hope all is well.

17. Hi there. Thanks Bro. All is well. I am currently growing 1 plant now at the moment. 2 of them were fem and the other 2 were still unknown genders, so I cut down the 2 unknowns and had to cut down the bad female. The really good female that I have growing is doing really well and is now 3 weeks into flower. She is showing crazy crystal production on her young flowers. Shes also producing a massive amount of flowers on her, all with lots of crystals. I am definitely keeping this pheno for sure.
    I'll be taking some pics of her in the next couple of weeks after my advanced Nutes arrive in the mail. I'm giving her Connoisseur A &B, Voodoo Juice, Piranha, Tarantella, Sensizyme, Nirvana, B 52, Mother Earth Bloom tea, Superthrive and Bud Candy.

Some of her lower branches are over 4 feet long with tons of flowers on them. She is almost 6 feet tall and extremely bushy.

18. Coming late to the party but since I'm very interested in greenhouse grows an I want to get my own greenhouse. Someone asked the question of what kind of greenhouse or who the maker of that greenhouse is but I never saw an answer. Is it a kit and who is the maker if that is the case? Thanks and good luck with your grow.

19. One other question. What size container are you using?

20. Hi there. Its a crappy kit greenhouse. Going to get a better greenhouse soon for long term use. As with what size container I'm using. I'm using a huge 20+ gallon pot. Its like 24in in diameter.