MFLB batteries

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by ty14, Dec 13, 2010.

1. I'm looking for the batteries that allow you to not charge as often and last longer... One trench for the factory battery will not work for me because i smoke with my buddies alot and charging every trench just won't work with me so someone post up links to different batteries that'll help me with this situation...

2. Well, any NiMh AA rechargable battery over 2000 MaH will work for the MFLB, you just have to take off the battery skin. Just go to a store which supplies many different batteries and you'll find some for sure.The higher the MaH the longer they will last

3. How in the hell do you take off a battery skin? MFLB should sell seperate optional batteries for this reason...

4. BlissSville
    They should what?

5. Ok, you do realise the batteries you got with the MFLB are regular rechargable batteries with their skins taken off. To take the skin off take a knife and cut a slit in the skin, the skin is just the wrapper which the battery logo etc are on... taking this thin skin off allows for the battery to make contact with the metal ring inside the LB and also so that it fits better

6. haha exactly. They do sell batteries already peeled.
    It's not a big deal though, you can easily peel the wrapper off of any battery.

If your gunna use the MFLB with all your buddies then i suggest getting enough batteries so each person has their own, then just pass the box around.

Look for Powerex 2700mah, they seem to be the best/strongest battery for the MFLB

7. optional more powerful batteries i think he meant

8. There are two different types of NIMH batteries low self discharge (LSD) and just NIMH batteries. Here i copied this of wiki LSD batteries reduces self-discharge and, therefore, lengthens shelf life compared to normal NiMH batteries. By using improved separator and improved positive electrode, manufacturers claim the batteries retain 70 to 85% of their capacity after one year when stored at 20 C (68 F), while standard NiMH batteries may lose half their charge in this time period. Low self-discharge cells are marketed as "ready-to-use" or "pre-charged" rechargeables. However, they are generally available at lower capacities than the highest capacity of normal NiMH batteries, being rated at 2000 to 2200 mAh compared to up to 2800 mAh for normal NiMH. This all basically means the LSD ones can be stored for longer without being charged but they don't last as long in the vape as a normal battery would.:hello:

oh and heres some links to both kinds
    LSD:
    [ame=http://www.amazon.com/SANYO-eneloop-Pre-Charged-Rechargeable-Batteries/dp/B000IV2WAW/ref=sr_1_3?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1292209569&sr=1-3]Amazon.com: SANYO eneloop 4 Pack AA NiMH Pre-Charged Rechargeable Batteries: Health & Personal Care[/ame]

Normal:
    [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Tenergy-Premium-2500mAh-Capacity-Rechargeable/dp/B00404U7VO/ref=sr_1_50?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1292209674&sr=1-50]Amazon.com: 4 Pcs Tenergy Premium AA 2500mAh High Capacity NiMH Rechargeable Battery with 1 AA Size Case: Health & Personal Care[/ame]

9. For the record the batteries that Magic Flight sends are marketed as 2600mAh. Magic Flight says that when they test them in thier factory they test closer to 2000 so they only claim that they are 2000. So getting a 2600 battery at the store likely wont get you any better results than the 2000 batteries the box comes with.

Look under the heading What batteries does Magic Flight ship/recommend

10. I bought some duracell rechargable. there 2450 mAh, They seam to give a stronger hit for longer than the batteries that come with it. It could be the placebo effect, but it does seam like they last longer. you can charge them in the standard charger the mflb comes with. 4 packs like 10 bucks.

just gotta peel the batteries. Which sounds way worse than it is. Make sure to clean them off to so there's no glue residue which will make the contact crappy resulting in a crappy, half powered hit.

11. so i could buy either one of these and smoke multiple trenches to one battery instead of having to recharge both stock batteries after each trench? I basically want the best battries to where i can smoke multiple trenches with my buddies and not have to recharge them.. Will these batteries effect the size of hits? Cuz i like thick vapor hits...

12. from magic flights site
    How many loads will a battery last for?
    The simplest and easiest way is to figure that one battery will support (roughly) one load. One load will provide between 4 to 8 hits, depending on your usage/taste preferences. Some people will be able to get more than this (2 or 3 loads) or more hits per load (up to 12), but we recommend keeping more charged batteries on hand than you think you may need.

bottom line no matter which battery your gonna get at the most about 1 1/2 trenches per battery. Just buy 4 thats like 6 trenches. also from vaporpedia

"Why do I see little or no vapor when I exhale?
    Any vapor that is visible on exhale is wasted, therefore, by definition any device that produces visible vapor on exhale is categorically less efficient than one that does not. As such then, the ideal vapor density is exactly that which can be adsorbed by the lungs in a natural/comfortable interval of time--usually between 3 to 5 seconds. As long as one breathes deeply, lungs are fairly efficient at adsorbtion (for most people, better than 95% uptake in 5 seconds); however, there is a limit, and vapor densities higher than that simply do not achieve as much for the volume of materials consumed.
    Given the choice between having something look good vs building something that actually works, Magic-Flight definitely prefer the "works" option. Having visible vapor is also particularly a disadvantage if one is trying to be stealthy. Further, visibility is especially bad since it also implies higher levels of smell as well--even less stealthy, and in a worse way. Magic-Flight finds it especially ironic to find people asking if the Box can produce visible vapor on exhale--as if that were a good thing! Magic-Flight worked hard to optimize the Box to make it easy to deliver results without that sort of ephemera.
    Also, the degree of visibility of vapor is also dependent on how hot the material was heated (ie, which components are extracted and/or created). Hotter might create more visibility, but this is also not always a good thing since it usually implies either some degree of free condensation (mist) and/or the creation of particulate matter (smoke)--both of which are bad. True vapor is like a gaseous solution--it should be clear, and therefore invisible. People who speak of seeing a "milky white vapor" are actually talking about a mist that shares space with a vapor--a result of changes in temperature more than anything else (like fog at night)."

13. #13 ty14, Dec 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2010
    Basically i'm wanting it because i'm tired of smoking so much and i want to be able to smoke in my house without my parents flipping... My dad is an ex dealer and smoker but is totally against it now because he feels he was immature which i think is retarded... Does a plug in vape even compare to the mflb by smell? Because i would like to just get a vape and plug it in my room and blow the vapor out the window but if the mflb is much better with smell i wanna get it so i can smoke in my bedroom on those rainy cold days...

I was trying to decide between these three.. I'd much rather have the at home vape so i can vape through my bong but not if the mflb is better with the smell... I just dont want my parents catching me smoking weed in the house again :p I like the way the vaporite is designed because you don't have to pull up when u need to stir the bowl causing the weed to fall out...

Magic Flight Launch Box vaporizer + Grinder + Batteries - eBay (item 200553962054 end time Jan-10-11 15:03:48 PST)

EASY VAPE DIGITAL VAPORIZER *FREE 4 PC GRINDER HERBAL - eBay (item 190455883502 end time Jan-10-11 10:37:22 PST)

Brand New - Vaporite Mini Digit Herbal Vaporizer - eBay (item 160495736894 end time Dec-18-10 09:45:25 PST)

14. To be honest it's not the devices themselves or the exhaled vapor that smells nearly as much as your stash, grinders, and the process of packing the herbs. That will leave a potent lingering smell in your room. I'd recommend getting a vapor bros., mflb is also great and I love mine. But one's not really any less stinkier than the other. It's just a question of portability vs. design type functionality.

15. I just wanted people's opinions on the matter... I'm going to use the paper towel dryer sheet method but you never know when your gonna get choked up so i was wanting the one that didn't stink up the room the most... I want a vape i can plug in and just get ripped off of and vape off my bong but then again the mflb just looks so nifty to me because of portability.. I'm just so lost on which to choose... My buddy has an easy vape and its lasted him forever he's had it for like 3 years now on 1 fuse and its still kickin...

16. you are worried about smell from MFLB rather than a bong in your room?

17. My bongs dont stink lol.. I clean it quite frequently..