First indoor/organic/bagseed/lst/scrog/led/cfl grow w/PICS

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Aerocultivator, Dec 13, 2010.

1. Ok first off, sorry for the long unnecessary thread title. Second, thank you GC and all of you blades for helping me out. I've been a part of the community for sometime. I don't post very often but I certainly read these threads religiously. I've been waiting to start this thread until I knew I had pictures to show you and until I could get everything together. But first let me explain my grow box and my grow philosophy.

My grow box:
    • 2x2x4 vertical grow cab (too big for stealth unfortunately)
    • 3 x 23W (100W equivalent) 6500 Lumens, daylight CFLs
    • 3 x 23w (100w equivalent), 1600 Lumens, soft white CFLs
    • 1 13W (62W equivalent) 2700 Lumens, soft white CFLs
    • 1 x 90W LED UFO
    • 1 x Oscillating fan
    • 1 x Air pump
    • Emergency Blankets on walls

All together everything cost around $120. Not including soil and pots.

So I decided to grow because I recently moved to finish my education. Before that I bought 1/2 ounce every Monday and me and my partner finished before we re-upped. I should also mention that it was mid's and that only once in a blue moon did I ever buy highs. So I moved to a big city and the only thing you can get here seems to be highs. Not that I'm complaining or anything, but when you're a 20 year old paying his way through school, it's a little hard to save up enough money even for a half sack around here (200$). So with that being said, I am growing for personal use only. Hopefully I can pull off three, maybe four, successful grows a year to hold me over. I'm sorry for rambling, I'll get to the point.

My grow philosophy is simple. Mother nature knows best. I am not using ANY nutrients for vegetative growth or for flowering. This is only a personal choice. I'm very curious as to how the end product will taste, look, feel, and smell. I know that this being my fist grow, I should probably be experimenting with nutrients and all but I'm an all organic kind of guy. My soil is Organic Choice by Miracle Grow and I plan on transplanting the plants into a mixture of Organic soil and manure before flowering. My grow is as simple as putting a seed in the ground and letting it fend for itself.

I originally had 6 plants growing but I decided to transplant the strongest and healthiest plants into bigger pots. I put the other two sprouts in a small bonsai pot I had laying around and put them under 12/12 after 10 days of veg just as a little experiment. The remaining four plants have been vegging for 25 days now. I keep a detailed grow journal for myself so I can monitor this grow and use it as a comparison for my future grows. Its a little extensive so I'm not going to post it on here. But I'll give you a general overview.

• 11-19-10 - Official day one.
    • 11-21-10 Day 3 - Lost 1 Plant, replaced with 3 cotyledon sprout. (I know 60% percent turn out to be male but if it turns out to be female, I will get a 20% bigger yield).
    • 11-24-10 Day 7 - Transplanted to 1 Gallon pot
    • 11-29-10 Day 12 - Calculated for a February harvest date. Upgraded grow box with ventilation system.
    • 12-01-10 Day 14 - Topped/Fimmed today. Hoping for the best.
    • 12-03-10 Day 16 - I think I fimmed wrong, the leaves are all deformed. They are developing but the ends are cut. Refer to picture.
    • 12-05-10 Day 18 - Thought I fimmed wrong so I cut some of the deformed growth and decided to top.
    • 12-07-10 Day 20 - WOW. I ended up with 7 new tops on one plant, 6 on another, and 5 on the remaining one. My mistake could be a new undiscovered grow technique. Topped the 3 cotyledon plant today.
    • 12-12-10 Day 25 - I trimmed a fan leaf to allow light to reach the undergrowth on plant 1. I LST'd all plants but the 3 cotyledon (Very short and bushy, also growing very slow, but that's natural)

That's about all for now. Out of the 4 plants I am hoping that at least one be female, hopefully 2. Ill freeze the other two plants to use for cooking (great flavor!). The plants are Indica dominant because they are short and bushy with short internodes and fat leaves. I'm planning on SCROGing this grow as well. It's just taking forever for the plants to grow to the height I'd like them to be. I'm shooting for a New Years flowering commencement though. I'm also hoping the plants show some pre-flowers before then so that I don't have to wait until my screen is in to determine sex.

Other than that, the grow is going great. The (fingers crossed) girls are doing great and loving their home and their environment. People really should consider growing at least one plant for themselves. The process of growing your own medicine is almost as stress relieving as the medicine itself. Anyways thanks for reading and following if you do. I'll ask questions when and if they arise, but I'll most likely refer back to previous threads for my answers.

As a side note. In one of the pictures you can see that I tried super cropping but I think the plants are too small at this point. I bent the stem a little too far and it broke. Its still attached by half of the stem and it doesn't seem to be dying or showing any signs of stress so I'm not too concerned and if I lose it then I'll cut it back and get 2 more tops. Oh and I have also been experimenting with super cropping on the fan leaves. It stunts their growth without killing them, and it allows the plant to redirect it's energy temporarily to growing the tops. The fan leaves are the plants lungs so my theory is that supper cropping them is making their "lungs" stronger. Just a theory though.

The pics are in chronological order from day 5 to day 25.

Oh and this post falls under both organic and indoor so I'm going to post it in both threads.

Attached Files: