The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by DutchX5, Dec 12, 2010.

1. No rested bonus from sleep but you are immune to all diseases. Also if you transform in front of someone you incur a bounty.

2. #10362 Skywalker298, Apr 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2014
    Sounds sick dude,I wonder with Vampires when the sun comes out do you instantly die or you just start taking small or large damage.Anyway  I need to play this game high but Im on a diet and trying to stay focused :(

3. It doesn't hurt you, it just reduces your stats and makes it so they don't regen. Also it's based on time of day, not whether or not you're in the sun, so you can be in a whiteout snow storm and still have the daytime penalties which is kinda bullshit in my opinion. Basically though you're not functional outside during the day.

4. Does it reduce it by ALOT? When I ment the story I ment like do you follow it as in listen to everything thats going on with the main storyline and everything like its a Tv show,bad comparison but maybe that'll help you understand what I ment aha

5. Dude how many times have you played this game?You said you've made some characters here and there but I dont remember you ever saying you finished ,but yeah Skyrim takes awhile to finish so I'll give you that

6. This is probably my tenth character or so. I've completed the main (dragon) storyline once, I've completed the civil war storyline once for each side, I've completed the thieves guild questline twice, and I've dabbled in all the other questlines to varying degrees and I've completed a shit ton of local quests for each hold. I've dabbled in every perk tree one time or another except I don't ever put perks in speech or lockpicking. I've been a werewolf and a vampire, I've acquired at least half the daedric artifacts in the game between all my playthroughs, and I've been married twice.

There's a lot I haven't even done yet though. I haven't made any dragon or daedric gear and there's a ton of quests I've never done and unique items I've never acquired. I never finished the college, dark brotherhood, companions, dawnguard, or solstheim questlines. I have a lot still to do and not a lot of time to do it.

7. #10367 Deleted member 506764, Apr 19, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
    I read the dialogue then press a before they're done talking. If I see a conversation I haven't heard before I will stop and listen though.

The stat reduction is enough that you don't want to enter combat during the day ever. It wouldn't be so bad if it was just the reduction but they don't regenerate either.

8. You can get married?o_O also why not speech and lockpicking?

9. Thats ridiculous its not at all like that in the movies or anything like that at all,doesn't really make any sense why they did that?Do the Con's heavily out weigh the Pro's here?

10. The perks don't really help that much. Leveling up the skill is definitely helpful but you're better off taking more practical perks. I'm picking perks only as I need them on my current character. I'm level 15 and have 7 unspent perk points.

11. Your stealth right?

12. Man if the Elder Scrolls game goes f2p im hoping on board because Im loving skyrim now that im getting the hang of it,just need to find a way to make some $$$$ Also what about the stealth armor?Will I get decent armor as I progress through the main story?

13. I don't prefer it. I don't like to do shit at night anyways though so that has something to do with it. I tend to just sleep or wait through the night unless i have something to do that's easier accomplished at night so being a vampire conflicts with my playstyle. With the DLC though you can become a pretty powerful vampire Lord. If I were to do it I'd probably just get cured once I finished the dawnguard content.

Also if you want to start the process to get married go to the temple of mara in Riften. It's worth it because your spouse earns 100 gold/day and you get a better version of the rested bonus.

14. Can you have kids?

15.  I always use stealth to some degree, sometimes more than others.  
    Not from the main questline but the gear you get from the thieves guild is pretty good especially the nightingale or guild master armor you get later. The shrouded armor from the dark brotherhood is pretty good too. Honestly though if you can get your smithing and enchanting up you can make better gear than you could ever acquire otherwise.

As for making money the best thing to do is raid the bandit camp north of Whiterun called halted stream camp. There is a tome in there for a spell to turn iron ore to silver or gold ore and also a ton of iron ore there. Using that you can smith a ton of jewelry to sell and you can make even more if you enchant it before you sell it.

16. If you have the hearthfire DLC you can adopt. Your kids find stuff and give it to you when you come home and your healing spells are more effective if you're a parent.

17. I hate being a vampire in ES games. It's like acquiring an std that needs to be cured. Plus the vampire form is so damn weak

18. I'm playing this high as fuck right now, this game is awesome. I loved the other games on the series too

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

19. So I'm still running the same character and I'm loving the no fast travel rule. I'm at level 28 and just became thane of Markarth. Because I'm not fast traveling it's a much bigger deal to travel so I'm staying in one area for a longer amount of time and experiencing the content in greater detail. I think it's going to be key to have a lot of houses to drop off extra stuff I don't want to sell at because I can't be running halfway across the province every time I have a unique item that I don't want to leave in my inventory. Beast form is great for when I do need to travel though.

I think what's next is to go spend some time in Solitude. I can join the legion and complete a lot of the local content so I can get my 3rd house & thaneship. Eventually I'm going to have to join the college for access to higher level spells but I've been getting by with lower level spells and a two handed axe for now. Not my usual playstyle but I think that's part of what's making this playthrough more interesting for me.

Have you tried being a vampire with the Dawnguard DLC? It's night and day (pardon the pun). Being a vampire in Skyrim is completely different to Oblivion.

Pro's:

No longer take sun damage

Even as a stage 4 vampire people will no longer attack you, and you can interact with people as normal (Dawnguard)

Immune to disease

Immune to poison

Illusion spells are 25% more effective

Sneaking is 25% more effective

Vampire powers:
    1. Vampire's Sight allows you to see in the dark for 180 seconds
    2. Vampiric Drain spell drains health from enemies
    3. Vampire's servant allows you to reanimate a dead enemy for 60 seconds
    4. Vampire's seduction allows you to keep up to level 8 enemies from fleeing or fighting, you can also feed on them.
    5. Embrace of shadows allows you to stay invisible for 180 seconds

Resist frost (starting at 20%, reaching up to 50% at stage 4)

Cons:

Weakness to fire (starting at 20% reaching up to 50% at stage 4)
    Health, Stamina and Magicka are slightly reduced and do not regenerate in sunlight.

And that is literally it. Dawnguard DLC is basically a freaking penis extension for vampires.