Are my seedlings healthy? [PICS]

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by MVelazquez2010, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Hello everyone, this is my first grow ever and I honestly didnt think these seeds would grow because they were just picked out of a bag of regs my buddys and I got.

Out of about 8, 2 germinated and were successfully planted. I just wanted to know if they are healthy because I am such a noobie at this..for now :smoke:

Your help and tips will be highly appreciated, thanks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. yeah man their cool, but you gotta get that foil outta there asap, because they will eventually burn your little babies, i know from experience

3. Oh wow thank you! The foil around the rims of the cup or hangin as a curtain in the back, or both?

4. Both, I originally thought they reflected the light like mylar and etc, but they don't they more so absorb the heat of the light

5. Hey man they look fine, but you might want to go ahead and move your lights closer because they are stretching pretty bad trying to get to the light. Other than that they look pretty healthy, good look:smoke: Oh yea and the foil is better than nothing but you could just paint the walls of your grow box white and get better reflection than the foil until you can get some mylar !!!;)

6. Thanks very much for the lighting tip! I did suspect they were a little stretchy, however it is a cheap aquarium light. Any suggestions on what kind of light I should be using?

7. #8 DankFogz, Dec 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2010

Yeah man i use CFL's (100watt daylight) and fluorescent tubes, they work great for me. Just make sure to watch and don't over water them, seedlings don't need quite as much as the do vegging or flowering. Just a tip keep us posted as she grows!!!:D

8. No prob man happy to help, and I'll try and keep up w/ ur journal and help as best I can with any other questions just let me know, I'm not the best grower here but I've got some descent expieriance and am glad to help new growers!!!
    PEACE & POT:smoke:

9. Thank youu, I feel special heh. Ironically my new soil and huge pot just got arrived!

[​IMG]

10. Ditch the miracle grow. Trust me man, I know from experience.

Fox farms or get a bag of normal soil (no nutrients or additives) and add all the extra shit by yourself.

11. I have heard some very mixed opinions about miracle gro, mostly about its dreaded slow release fertilizer. Fox Farms eh? I'll look into that, thanks for the tip, but I have to ask, why not miracle gro?

12. Yeah, it's because of the slow release fertilizers. I've also heard that the micronutes in em aren't what MJ desires, but don't quote me on that.

I mean, my current grow (first one) isn't horrible, but I'm pretty sure it would be doing better with a better quality soil.

13. Miracle gro organic is fine. I am using it now, next time I will use something different but it's doing ok I have some beautiful plants about 5 weeks into flower right now growing in miracle gro organic mixed with composted cow manure and dolamite lime. If I can't find something better locally I will use the mg organic again but mix in perlite, vermiculite and maybe some coco.

14. and add some more drainage holes to that pot. Good drainage is a must.

The MG Organic will work if you can't find anything else. Add a bunch of perlite, I don't care for vermiculite as it retains TOO much water, but the perlite is at least 30% of my mix, if not more.

Garden lime is also needed.

Wet

15. I will look to get some better soil deemed worthy by GC growers in time. I also do have a question about lighting. For now the seedlings are under a low-watt flourescent rig, but in time I am looking to use a HPS system of 150W, is this wattage enough for just 1-2 plants?