How to Make Hash from Moldy Weed?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Sidbenmore, Dec 11, 2010.

1. I've done some research and apparently I can salvage my weed by converting the buds into hash with butane. Has anyone had any personal experience doing this?

2. called honey oil. i wont explain the process but theres tons of videos of it on youtube. look up hashbean420 his video was my favorite

3. Mold can survive butane extraction...I think.

The only way I reccomend to salvage molded bud is to fry it in a fat until the mold is obviously dead.

4. Apparently isopropyl alcohol kills mold so if you do an iso extract you should be good to go.

5. thanks and exna what i said than :)

6. I forgot to say also that iso will kill it, like sidbenmore said, but use a high percentage iso, like 91 or more.

7. i hate mold.

8. I tried to work with it before..

I used a 99% iso extraction.

Not good .. essance of alge was captured in the result.

I gave up trying to work with it.

9. If you dissolve the extracted cannabis in alcohol, one can use a syringe and a 4 mm filter or smaller, to filter out the mold spores. It takes force to filter though this small of a filter, but it works.

clinton

10. I like this, no messing around :)

11. 99% gets too much chlorophyll which defeats the purpose of concentrating the THC. I usually mix 91% with 70% to get it down to 80%ish.

As per the moldy weed, I take as many precautions as possible. No reason getting a serious problem b/c you were trying to salvage some moldy weed

12. I'm not entirely sure its moldy as much as its a bad grow but it has no visible webs or anything. Its just the smell is a little off and I was thinking it could be mold but I'm not positive. I thought I'd do an iso extraction for good measure and maybe even put the iso hash in edibles has anyone ever tried this?

13. Yeah I've done that, it works fine. Just throw the ISO hash into your firecracker or whatever and prepare it.

14. If your getting a darker green color after your first wash then the simple answer is your moving to slow. As soon as the alcohol touches your material begin the stopwatch. Do whatever it takes to minimize the amount of time your material is soaking in your ISO. The higher percentage ISO(99%) for example with 99 %, I would have my material and alcohol soulution mixing for no more than 30 secs.....meaning you include the time spent passing through filter('s).
    Less time material is in ISO=better quality product but with lower yield on return.

• Funny Funny x 1