Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Hash Oil Hard Candy

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by KyserSosay, Dec 11, 2010.

1. Ok I have the honey oil extractor and plane on extracting the THC from an ounce of shake and from what I have read I should get about 1 to 2 grams of honey from it. What I want to do is to use the hashoil to make hard candy and have not had to much luck finding anything on a recipe that uses the oil. So if anyone can help me out with advice or better yet an exact recipe that uses the has oil in it. Really excited to try this honey oil hard candy.

2. #2 countzer0, Dec 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2010
  3. So do you think 1 to 2 grams of honey oil wil be enough for the recipe or should i shoot for more then that? My wory is that Ill either make it to weak and not get any results from the candy or it wil be too strong if there is suc a thing as too strong lol.

4. im no expert on cooking with hash oil, but im pretty sure two grams will FUCK you haha

5. LOL i hope so, but this is my first time ever using hash oil period and i thnk the hard candy is going to be best way to use it. Thats why I am worying about the amount of honey oil to use cuz i dont want it to be to much or not enough.

6. im guessing .5 of hash oil would fuck you up. Just a guess though

7. I appeciate everyones help but the recipe posted on this forum does not look like any hard candy recipe i see. I am finding recipes all over the inernet but i have no idea how much hash oil to put in them. lol I was hoping to get an exact numbers.

8. That recipie i linked you above made 12 giant lolipops as pictured. So im am guessing you would get at least 24 candies. I would reccommend 2-2.5 grams of good oil for strong candies.

9. OLD TIME HARD CANDIES

2 cups white Karo Syrup
    2 cups sugar
    1 tsp. flavoring oil
    6 drops food coloring (to match chosen flavor)

In a heavy saucepan with deep sides, combine Karo syrup and sugar. Boil to hard crack stage (300-310F on a candy thermometer). Remove pan from heat and add flavoring oil (orange oil, lemon oil, cinnamon oil, peppermint or spearmint oil, etc).
    Add a food coloring to match the chosen flavor (yellow for lemon, red/orange for orange, red for cinnamon, green for mint).
    Carefully pour mixture into a well buttered or oiled pan. Allow to cool long enough so that the candy may be scored into small pieces by running a buttered knife through without the mixture running together. When candy has cooled completely, break the scored sections into pieces. Store in a cool dry place in an airtight container.
    Caution: Sugar mixtures are VERY hot and will cause severe burns. Have a bowl of ice water close by, just in case. This same mixture can be used to make lollipops. Arrange lollipop sticks on a sheet of oiled parchment, silicone or wax paper and pour a circle of candy mixture around top of stick to desired size. For larger lollipops, use a lollipop mold. When lollipops or candy has cooled, wrap decoratively in clear candy film (available at craft supply stores) and tie with colored butcher's string or raffia.

This is the recipe i was going to use for the candy i figured if i just went ahead and posted the recipe maybe someone could just say the amount of hash oil for this recipe.
    Again thks for your help

10. Well thats recipie is almost double so i would say double the amount i recomended.

11. hey I dont know how useful this but a dispensary near me that makes medicated jollys use about a half gram of hash oil in each one

12. ok ill cut that recipe in half then and use 2 grams of oil... Ill post some info this time next week after we get it done to let ya know how it went :hello:

13. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMdTMm7cxQs&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]Here is a pretty good video tutorial using 1 gram of honey oil[/ame]

14. ok so some good news and bad I made the oil with 16 grams of shake and 19 grams of bud with this candy recipe 2 pieces is about right amount to get that relax feeling now the bad news i used grape and the flavoring is not strong enough to mask the cannibas taste so u get a grape weed taste not awful but still i think next time i may go with something like cinnamon. but deff works so thanks for the advice and ...heres to happy days

:hello:

15. thank you soo much i was just thinking of making some medical candy for christmas:hello:

16. I like to use green dragon as butter in hard candy is a BITCH

17. Yay can't wait to try to make some candy. This is a great site! :wave: