Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking weed with pneumonia

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Amped, Dec 10, 2010.

1. Hey all, i just got a quick question. I wanna chill with a friend, but he got pneumonia on wednesday. Doctor gave him meds to take for 48 hrs (antibiotics + those steroids) so hes off them on friday. We wanna chill at his place on saturday and smoke (would not be sharing btw obviously) and I thought alright it might be fine since hes done taking his meds and shit, but he told me hes been smoking weed the whole time rofl. So how bad exactly is it smoking weed with pneumonia, i heard that it makes the infection last longer and makes it harder to heal. So if i chill with him on saturday would i risk getting pneumonia or something?

2. Hmm...I'm no expert but it doesn't sound like a good idea to smoke with pneumonia.

3. Vape, sure, smoke? Nah

4. BUMP, would like some answers haha :D

5. Umm, I don't know if it's good for you, but I've smoked on antibiotics (not for pneumonia) and it gets me retarded high

6. I've smoked when I was sick, but pneuomia is in the lungs? Right? If so, I wouldnt mess with weed until you feel a lot better..

7. #7 gettingbored, Dec 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2010
    Your lungs are abnormally filed with fluid when you have pneumonia, smoking just seems counter productive. Unless you cough up all the fluid of course...?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pneumonia