House passes DREAM ACT..........

Discussion in 'Politics' started by QP3, Dec 9, 2010.

1. Besides the name, how are the two in prinicpal different? They both mean the EXACT same thing, you just get touchy when people call it what it is. Hence, why liberals call it "pro-choice" instead of "pro-abortion". "pro-choice" is a lot more hip and cool, as you have pointed out yourself.......

2. I hate people. The act is for people either in COLLEGE or in the MILITARY. Not useless laborers.

3. their parents.........
    [​IMG]

4. do you think there are people out there whole oppose gun control, but not because they themselves have guns?

do you think there are people who want to extend the tax cuts for the rich, even tho they're broke as shit themselves?

i am pro-choice meaning i respect a woman's right to chose. that doesn't mean that i would ever want my gf to get an abortion, because oppose abortion morally. but i do not intend to use the legal system to force my morals on others

5. Why are people arguing this fact? Pro-choice ONLY DEALS WITH ABORTION. NOTHING ELSE WITH "WOMAN RIGHTS".............. Pro-choice DOES NOT MEAN YOU ARE PRO-ADOPTION. IT SOLEY DEALS WITH ABORTION. thats it.

You dont have to have an abortion to be pro-abortion. No fucking shit. But dont get upset when someone calls it WHAT IT IS. PRO-CHOICE ONLY DEALS WITH ABORTION, NOTHING ELSE.

6. Why don't you open your house up to anyone who wants to come in? Let me know when you decide to do that so I can come over.

Its just that you dont respect the baby's rights. Seems to me the woman made the choice when she had sex.

I'm going to take a wild guess and assume you support socialized medicine? Do you see any contradictions there?

7. #47 ad0lfpiffler, Dec 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2010
    sorry bro i started typing some shit but was as incoherent as most other posts on a weed forum. let me just give you the most succinct analysis of a baby's "rights" i've ever heard

absolutely not. i do not support socialized medicine. if you're not bored of reading quotes yet, here's one about education (because "free" schooling was the hot issue that liberals were selling when the author was alive)... but same shit goes for the "right" to health care

sorry for the impersonality of dumping quotes on you. but why read opinions from some burnout on a internet forum when you can get it straight from who i consider to be the best philosopher of our day.

peace

8. Because it's my property and I probably wouldn't enjoy everyone's company.

Good one Drone, haha.

I recognize that the US is a sovereign nation, but does that mean that it's basically all the US' property and the same principles apply as if we were talking about private property? For some reason, it feels like that's really not the most accurate way to approach the problem, but I can't think of how that wouldn't be the case.

9. Who cares. If you want to come here do it LEGALLY, PERIOD. Theres no argument. There are alot of people who are doing legally who have to wait a very long time to be legal here.

If this piece of toilet paper were to pass we will have an even bigger immigration problem than we do now.

10. No, I don't think you're reading what I'm saying. The principal IS different and do not insinuate the same thing. I'll show you how they are different. (once again) Some people are not in favor of the government telling someone what they can and cannot do with their bodies. I did not say pro-choice is hip/cool or whatever words you put in my mouth. No one is pro abortion. No one just loves abortions. No one thinks that abortions are the best thing that has ever happened to society. Again, No one is pro abortion but rather the right to have a choice.

(I tried to bold the important parts to make sure you read them)

EDIT: This sounds bitchy re-reading it. I'm just telling you how I feel, and kind of being sarcastic, no hate intended. :)

11. Im a Legal pothead,I obey the law!!

12. Because the US is my home,if you want to hire them,go to their country at start your business there.DONT import workers that take jobs and money and everything else a way from a AMERICAIN!!!

13. Unborn fetuses don't have rights. And when a woman makes a choice to have sex, use contraceptives and the contraceptives fail, she made the choice to have a kid? Don't think so...Otherwise, if you get in an accident in your car, despite having taken precautions to help prevent such an accident, you must have made the choice to get in an accident because you made the choice to drive. Doesn't quite follow.

Rothbard's quote explains it pretty damn well.

14. Reminds me of

[​IMG]

15. As someone said, a fetus doesn't have rights. Also, do you not think that there are gray areas? What about whenever contraceptives fail? What about rape victims? What about teenagers? What about drug addicts? I am somewhat offended that you guys are sitting here with such judgment but knowing that you will never ever be put in that situation. Do you think that people use abortions as a type of birth control? It is an extremely hard and emotional and painful thing to go through. You're ignorant if you think that people who are pro-choice don't respect a babies rights, or whatever bs that you just spouted out.
    One of my best friends in the world had an abortion because she was raped. Please explain to me how the government should tell her that she had to carry that baby. She isn't pro-abortion, she never wanted to go through that ON TOP of what she had already been through, but she was thankful that she had the choice (there's that word again)

^I guess she didn't respect that fetus enough.

16. Bullshit. I am pro-choice but I would prefer it if abortions didn't exist. I live in reality and I don't try and force my beliefs on others. I feel that a woman knows what is best for herself and it isn't the governments rights to control individuals. I am for a free country and separation of church and state.

17. Bullshit! See my other post for a generic response to the brainwashed right.

18. I am not for socialized anything, I am also not for an overpopulated country. If women want to have an abortion, please tell me how it affects you.

Edit: Three posts in a row? and all off topic. . .I really am sorry mods if is Friday and I don't think I am in my right mind.

19. the reason the dream act is good and necessary is because it only has to do with the CHILDREN of illegals. Yea they're illegal, but it's not really their fault. Their parents brought them here, and they were forced to adapt to their new environment and make new friends. The DREAM act makes it so that kids in that circumstance, where their illegality isn't really their fault, can get a fair shot at education.

20. More people in the military means you can wage more war.