THC extraction methods list!!!

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by josephspare21, Dec 6, 2010.

1. Thanks for this!

2. 20080275237 - Method for Obtaining Pure Tetrahydrocannabinol (full – 2008)
    \tMethod for Obtaining Pure Tetrahydrocannabinol - Patent application

US Patent 7344736 - Extraction of pharmaceutically active components from plant materials (full - 2008)
    \tExtraction of pharmaceutically active components from plant materials - US Patent 7344736 Full Text

US Patent 7402686 - Cannabinoid crystalline derivatives and process of cannabinoid purification (full - 2008)
    \tCannabinoid crystalline derivatives and process of cannabinoid purification - US Patent 7402686 Full Text

For a mind blowing experience, go to patentstorm and do a search on Tetrahydrocannabinol or cannabinoids!

3. over an oz idk how much didn't weigh the trimmings

4. heres another dry ice keif video

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1buSgDNfGFQ&feature=player_embedded]Dry Ice Hash Demo - YouTube[/ame]#!

5. Smoking Hash with a Hot Coal
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aku7aKW0WOQ&feature=player_embedded]Smoking Hash with a Hot Coal - YouTube[/ame]

6. I`m new here...looking for maximum thc extraction results for medical treatment (Fibromyalgia / constant pain desease). I think, a good thing would be a tincture and learnt that the thc needs fat for being extracted but now I find extraction with alcohol ..
    By the way, I also read something about glycerine which I was not recommended to use by a pharmacist because of its laxative effect. Can anyone tell me if extraction with alcohol is really efficient or if there may be "better" ways to get a tincture. What about that "fat thing" ?
    "beehappy" receiving your answers ! tkx a lot

7. So my friend was in a lot of pain and we wanted to try some herbal medicine.
    She had some leaves in a bag in the freezer, maybe half a pound. I wanted to create an oil strong enough for transdermal administration. The process I followed was relatively simply. I blended the leaves in a vitamix with cold iso for about five minutes. This was strained and the alcohol poured into pyrex dishes for evaporation over double boilers. The stove fan supplied adequate ventilation.

Once this was fully reduced, a minimal amount of coconut oil was added to the pyrex dishes. The resin was scraped and mixed into the coconut oil. The double boilers were turned off for this part, yet the pyrex dishes holding the oil were still very hot. The coconut oil was decanted and two more pulls made. The pulls were lightly filtered then put into a small container for storage.

In this manner, I was able to take some very weak plant material and make a very potent oil. A teaspoon, taken orally is approximately equivalent to 10-20 bong rips spread over about 8-10 hours.

8. Cannabinoids are non-polar. What this means is that any non polar solvent will dissolve them. You have a lot of options. Alcohol is able to dissolve both polar and non polar substances. That is why it is recommended to freeze both the alcohol and plant material and due fast pulls -- in order to increase the purity for smoking. Polar compounds like chlorophyll contribute greatly to the harshness of smoke.

9. I don't know if this has been mentioned here before but it bears repeated that when doing an alcohol extraction, if the liquid pull comes out green, instead of amber - one can leave the alcohol in a clear container in the sunlight and the uv rays will destroy the chlorophyll - turning the solution amber. Some cannabinoid will also be destroyed but subjective tests indicate that it is not a substantial proportion, so long as the uv exposure is kept to a minimum.

10. my god, the 3rd video irritated the fuck out of me, just some guy talking for a few mins and he desperately needs a fucking shave with that shit waving round his moosh!

11. why would u want to smoke all that plant matter and the unknown particles that could have fell into the bud in the MONTHS time of growing it. OR all the carcinogens that are created when marijuana is burned in a joint or something..

To me, it just makes more sense..

12. Thats interesting.. BUT i think that id smoke it in ANY color as long as i know its pure and it will get me LOADED.. So why let the sun kill our potency over a slight green hue?!?!

13. exactly, personally i dont think the colour makes a difference much, if its not affecting the potency then what does it matter?

14. Its been observed that high concentrations of chlorophyll can cause nausea, and diarrhea among other things, as well as if you took the same extraction thats is dark and one thats been cleared you would be able to tell a decidedly different flavor and smoothness that wasnt there before.

Personally I've made tincture from alcohol and i didnt like it cause it was so full of chlorophyll that it gave me a headache every time i smoked it

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. You listed some good information specially the videos. Actually marijuana or cannabis concentrates extraction not very easy. It may be harmful for new people who don't know properly how to do it.

There are many marijuana extraction methods available including co2, hydrocarbons, water, isopropyl alcohol and dry sieve.

16. Hey I tried making a thread a little while ago about a method I haven't heard any one try and want to give it a shot.

My friend Is a craft distiller who's experienced in building small-scale stills. Would it be possible to make a THC extract by putting weed in a "Jin Basket" set up for making gin.
    Regardless I will be testing this in small scale until I find out if it works or if it's just extracting flavor?
    (I previously posted this in the DIY section but unfortunately got little to no replies)
    Thanks.
    I've seen a hemp infused gin but I dont know much about it.