Welcome to Grasscity Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

transplanting

• Please log in to reply

justanherb

justanherb

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Is it necessary to start my seeds in a small container and then transplant to a bigger one? I have seen people use party cups as their starting container and then transplant, but is there an advantage to doing that instead of starting them in a larger pot such as a 3 gallon? Thanks for the help

Similar Topics: transplanting     x

WarezHaxor

WarezHaxor

56k Fury

• Registered Upgraded
  • 379 posts
No i dont think it matters, I only did it that way because i saw everyone doing it, but ill try just putting it into the final container i use when i start a new grow and then see how that goes

justanherb

justanherb

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
alright sweet. thanks for the help

seeofgreen

seeofgreen

ALL I SEE IS GREEN PEOPLE

• Old School
  • 1,819 posts
No way!
You need a first step befor you take another,so what im saying is if you put a seedling in a big pot of soil the soil will stay too wet for a long time.
not to good pluss its a waste of soil and food
Also it will grow at a snails pace,better to form a good root base in a smaller pot befor hand....

murray2

murray2

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
yip totally wat he says

i usually use 3 sizes of pots from start to finish.root formation is everything for a healthy crop

fido111

fido111

• Registered Upgraded
  • 148 posts
but how do you know its time to transplant

whooligan

whooligan

O.G. Veteran

• Registered Upgraded
  • 205 posts
i always start in a party cup first, this is to make a nice root base. if started in a huge bucket first, the plant will grow slow and the root base will be a little weak. I usually start in a party cup then to a 3 gal.
you know when its time to transplant when you see roots comming out of the drainage holes.

Cody3

Cody3

Got green?

• Registered Upgraded
  • 447 posts
Yea always start in a small container or pot just because the root base will always be stronger..

Its like a fish is thrown in a huge ocean(the final container) compareed to starting out in a small fishtank (beginners cup)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users