Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

Dry buds vs sticky buds

• Please log in to reply

RustyCakePan

RustyCakePan

actually love Pies more

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,098 posts
is there a huge diff between smoking dry or sticky buds really?

I know people try to re-moisturize dry buds with stuff like orange peel or bread but is it just to try to get the "sticky icky" feel instead of "upping" the high/flavor/something?
I don't think there would be much diff in the amount of trichs myself...

Sorry if its been asked but search seems to be broken and I don't see this topic for the last 6 pages...

adambommb

adambommb

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 1,251 posts
nah its all preference, people add orange peels to add moisture so it wont be so harsh and instead a smoother smoke i would imagine

DRTYDUB21

DRTYDUB21

Stoner

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,848 posts
sticky>dry>wet imo.

Guest_NySt0nerPunk_*

Guest_NySt0nerPunk_*
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In
If i am correct, Sticky bud has not been allowed to fully dry itself, THat's why it's sticky.

a SquaRe

a SquaRe

• Registered Upgraded
  • 615 posts
Naw, I like my buds bone dry. Easily broken up, joint stays lit way better and I believe potency is increased. Dont have much info to back that up other than my own experiences. All my weed I dry and cure tho I make sure is very dry.

Then my friends will give me the usual bitch n moan bout it not being sticky
but as seen as they hit that, and there eyes start bulging out of their head and their having uncontrolled coughing...they shut up real quick

Ditch Weed

Ditch Weed

Nothing But Glass.

• Gold Member
  • 285 posts

Bob weedley

Bob weedley

SESH TIME!!!

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
The stickyness comes from the amount of crystals which is considered the best by most people. Its not because it's wet, weed that is wet is the complete oppersite to sticky.

purplemudkip

purplemudkip

Mobius Toker

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,038 posts
from my understanding,

Sticky - lots of THC
Dry - other
Wet - moistened up either to add weight or mitigate harshness

MisterNatural

MisterNatural

Space Cadet

• Bronze Member
  • 6,021 posts

Blunt

Blunt

Dutch Master

• Registered Upgraded
  • 9,245 posts

If i am correct, Sticky bud has not been allowed to fully dry itself, THat's why it's sticky.

That would be wet.

JohnnyWeedSeed

JohnnyWeedSeed

Politically Incorrect

• Bronze Member
  • 10,201 posts

KashTray

KashTray

Your Ash Solution!

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
I always prefer sticky bud over dry bud, because it usually means it's fresher, plus I just kind of like that it's sticky, lol. But, dry bud is a lot easier to break up.

RustyCakePan

RustyCakePan

actually love Pies more

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,098 posts
thanks for the input guys, I think it makes a bit more sense now that I heard the reasoning behind it. I never really got it till now.
I actually liked dryer buds so far due to how easy it rips apart in the grinder. :D
(and that I get more buds for the same weight haha!)

LiightWeiight

LiightWeiight

KiefCoveredLips

• Registered Upgraded
  • 183 posts

is there a huge diff between smoking dry or sticky buds really?

I know people try to re-moisturize dry buds with stuff like orange peel or bread but is it just to try to get the "sticky icky" feel instead of "upping" the high/flavor/something?
I don't think there would be much diff in the amount of trichs myself...

Sorry if its been asked but search seems to be broken and I don't see this topic for the last 6 pages...

When im breaking up sticky weed and my fingers are covered in kief i know its going to be a great smoke.Dry weed has never done me wrong but is harsher smoking in my opinion.For the longest time my dealer only had white rhino and it was always dry.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users