Adding sugar to hydroponic solution?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Skibum522, Dec 1, 2010.

1. The grow bible (by Cervantes) mentions adding sugar to the hydroponic solution. All it shows is two different buds, and says that adding sugar at the end of flowering increased bud weight by 30%.

This is a HUGE difference, but there's literally no other mention of this technique anywhere in the book! Has anyone tried this before? Does it work? How much did you use, and when did you add it?

Thanks for the info!

2. I have never done it but it sound's the same as adding molasses during the end of flowering.

3. I think that just throwing some sugar in your reservoir wouldnt be a good idea, but as mentioned, there are some good supplements you can get. I was using Technaflora Sugar Daddy with great results. It's used throughout both veg and flower, but really makes the difference right before harvest

4. Care to share your methods, how do you keep from having nutrient salts building up and clogging if you don't change out your res? I would like to know how this is done, as it might help my situation

5. What nutes do yo use, every one always said to clean the water every week so the salts don't build up, I might try this, and where can I get hydrozyme(spelling), and I have the technaflora recipe for success and how would I add that to my feeding regimen

6. Thanks for the input man. Where is the best, price friendly place to obtain hygrozyme, and clearex from? I seen this cleaner for hydroponics that was non toxic and all natural called Bio Green Clean, any one use it, or heard of it?

7. Ebay

Hygrozyme is incredibly pricey while Clearex is reasonably priced IMO--both readily available on Ebay for a good deal usually.

Recently I just started not replacing and just using this top off only technique and it seems to be working OK. I have hygrozyme but have not used it recently as I do not have any salt build up problems with the nutes I am using (H&G).

As for Bio Green Clean, I've never heard of it.

8. This is why I only add back and never change out. I'm not the norm, but either is my weed ;)

I'm with you on that. I change my reservoir about every 8 - 10 weeks and just use add backs with 1/3 Lucas.

9. true that.Changing a rez is a LOT of work especially if you are lazy. Somehow my rez never gets bad so im cool with that :).

10. I don't change out either.
    Last two weeks I run a different mix. But that's it :smoke:

11. yup! and don't forget a good cure :smoke::smoke::smoke:

12. That's a big HELL YEAH :D

Curing is major factor between dank & wank :smoke: