Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smell proof my room?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by panicandrew, Nov 30, 2010.

1. I am in desperate need of smell proofing my room!
    I have a big room in the bottom of a decent sized 2 story house,
    the rest of the basement is an in-law suite (apartment basically)
    You go downstairs, then it splits.
    One door to my room, opposite to a door to the inlaw suite.
    In the in-law suite is a 60-some retired pharmacist.

The owner of the house said I could smoke down here, IF, I could somehow 100% ensure the smell wouldn't really get out of my room too badly.

I put a blanket under the door, tighly, smoked some hash last night.
    Didn't seem to smell too bad out there really at all.
    Smoked a bit more today, like a decent sesh and one or two bowls of weed.
    The whole fucking staircase leading down here and everything reeks of weed and has for almost an hour.. The guy hasn't left his room so yeah I dunno..

How could I smell proof this room?
    I have a blanket under the door, doesn't seem to be a lot of cracks around the door that it could escape out of too easily..
    I smoke about 30-40 feet away from the door.
    What can I do to filter the smell?

If I put some like little smelly cup things or whatever where you lift the top up every little bit, would that help if I put some near the door and stuff?
    Is there a thing I can buy that would get rid of the smell?

I smoke often and need to smoke indoors really badly..

Thanks!

2. ask the other guy if he wants to toke with you.

3. Sploofs are gross, I use a bubbler anyway it wouldn't b e worth the trouble.

He's a retired 60 something hardcore conservative.
    He is not going to toke with me.

4. smoke near a damn window

5. Don't be desperate, you have options :) You can use a sploof, which can be made using the cardboard tube from a toilet paper roll and filling it with bounce drying sheets. You exhale the smoke in there at it will smell less. Smoke bowl and block the bowl with something so the smoke can't come out. Or you could cook some edibles... Or use a vaporizer, it smells less... Hope this helps :wave:

6. Get a paper towel roll tube and stuff it with a couple scented dryer sheets and some toilet paper. Blow the smoke through that. Also invest in a can of Ozium. You should be all set with that stuff.

7. how r sploofs gross? ur talking about filtering ur smoke, and unless u want to go drop a bunch of money getting an air purifier id say sploofs r the way 2 go.

8. ^^^^this

9. What kind of air purifier would I need to get rid of the smell of weed?

10. i agree if you have a window, do that wont smell at all, if not febreeze that shit up!

11. If you have a Bong or this might work with a bubbler too, fill the piece with hot hot HOT tea instead of cold water. The steam will kill the smell. Or, smoke in your bathroom with the shower on. Another option, humidifier.

Plug up the cracks, smoke out a window, blow the smoke into a balloon and then when your done tie it up and throw it out the window.

Thats all I got kid.

12. You could eliminate a lot of the hassle by simply vaporizing.

13. Sploof it out the window and be sure to cover the bowl to stop the cherry if your really concerned. I did it for years :cool:

14. /Thread

15. Look up on google a thing called the Smoke Buddy. It is for blowing smoke through and eliminating the smell effectively. It costs about $20. I've never tried it, though, just heard that it works.

16. be more careful smoking maybe? i dont even block my door..i smoke 3-4 times a day in my room with very little smell if any at all. pack a small bowl, have a business card on hand. take a hit, cover the bowl with the business card to snuff it and to kill any smoke. blow directly out the window, repeat. no smoke, no smell, no worries

17. I have a vapor brothers vaporizer,
    I do vaporizer MOST of the time.
    I only smoke hash though, and sometimes when I have nice shit I like to really taste the bud.

I have a window open now, with a small fan pointing outside and I have some clothes & stuff around the fan to keep it from getting too too cold in here.
    Working temporarily.

If I got Ozium, would that help a lot?
    What's that stuff like?
    Could I just spray it near the door every little while and maybe after every few hoots?

I'm thinking about a cheap air purifier too..

18. i've done this successfully at home with an open window. without a window/fresh air you can keep the odor inside your room a lot better by weatherproofing your door.

go to home depot/lowes and buy:

cheap vinyl adhesive door sweep (weatherproofing section)
    weatherstrip tape for interior door (weather proofing section)

with those items you can drastically reduce any airflow through the gaps in your door. I closed the gap beneath my door and with 2 different small gap insulating tape strips I pretty much created a 95% seal on my bedroom door. I also purchased an air purifier from Lowes about $259 to clean the air. It's probably the most unneccessary item but my neighbor was smelling my pot smoke and I was noid' to fix the problem.

So from my experience the best things you can do

-weatherseal door
    -two way fan in open window
    -air purifier

If you weatherseal your door that will keep most of the odors inside the room!

19. How are sploofs gross? You wanted a solution, we delivered. The sploof/vape combination r the best combination for your problem...

/thread