Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Seeking Advice to Secretly Dose Ill Informed Mother in Pain

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by CannaChris420, Nov 29, 2010.

1. Myself, I would do it. I agree that it will probably help her. She can't get any worse, I'll leave the morals/ethics up to you though. I would rather try it than see her die in pain and regret not trying it.

2. I wouldn't do it, but if you are going to go through with it, don't use low grade weed. Only properly grown cannabis, with the right amount of each canabanoid will have medicinal use for her. Also specifically seek out some weed with a large CBD content.

3. #23 Sidbenmore, Nov 30, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2010
    First I would illustrate the extreme dangers of taking those other drugs. Than I would illustrate the non-danger of using herbs like Marijuana or Oregano. To be doubly effective I would illustrate these points on paper with documented sources and sit with her and read it to her or make her read it. I would also make edibles or roll a joint and ask her if she will try it, "for you".

4. Sounds like she needs to see The Union.

Maybe she doesn't like the idea of physically smoking it either, maybe smoking out of a pipe would make her feel like a druggie. Offer her edibles as an alternative.

5. Yeah just recently a guy wanted to dose his mother, but she was older and more infirmed and he was harder to convince it was the wrong thing to do. I can't remember if he did it or not though.

If she thinks that studies done by non-smokers are bogus and done by smokers, can you imagine how she would tear apart The Union which is made by smokers and is obviously smoker biased? She might go for the people who are shown much better after smoking, but that chick who makes edibles is a joke. I don't know how his mother would take it.

6. #26 tharedhead, Dec 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2010
    Parents rarely listen to their kids. Because they are their kids.;) That said, can you find an adult or group of adults in your area who are using cannabis successfully for pain such as your mother is experiencing and have them talk to her?

If your Mom could come to say, a get together of a group like Clinton's Cannabis Compassion, and talk to people her own age and older who are not "potheads" and who have reclaimed their lives from pain through the use of cannabis as medicine, then that might help her more than any arguments from her offspring, or complicated studies she may not understand.

Sometimes it really helps to talk to your peers, one on one. You may wish to start with these guys see if they have someone in her age group to talk with
    http://www.cmmnj.org/

7. Honestly I totally feel for you bro, but you cant secretly dose anyone for any reason. You have to respect their wishes. How do you know what you are going to do wont actually KILL her ? As bad as you feel now, how would you feel then if there was some kind of drug interaction between her other meds, and being dosed with pot? What if her heart speeds up / slows down / whatever. You arent a medical doctor, DONT even consider it. Erase the thought from your mind.

Instead of smoking it, why dont you ask her about edibles? See if she remembers how it made her feel. I mean, lets be serious if it stands out enough in her head to remember "I dont like the way it made me feel" she probably just had a single bad paranoia experience and stopped. So dont look for something with mind highs, the edibles will be the way to go as I hear its more of a body high. Ive never experienced it thanks to a ridiculous metabolism so I dont know what its like.

Do you live in a MMJ state? Are you a MMJ patient? Are you a real patient or someone who just got the card so they could smoke? (you dont have to answer, answer it in your head) if your mom knows youre smoking just to smoke, then go find a real medical patient and bring em home to talk to your mom.

I know it sucks, and I know it breaks your heart, but you have to respect your moms wishes. Does your mom live alone? What about seeing if she would be up to TRY it say over a weekend. Have her talk to her doctor to make sure trying it wont mess anything up. The doctor may reduce dosages of stuff etc if shes going to be taking in MJ. What about bringing over some edibles like cookies/brownies or whatever else made with some cannibutter and tell your mom youll hang out with her all weekend to make sure nothing goofy happens medically.

8. speaking of secretly dosing people i thought you might like this story

My dad would always bring his lunch to work and this one fatass bitch would eat his snacks sometimes and it made him pretty angry haha, so he made some pot brownies and brought one to work for a "snack" knowing miss piggy would be all over it not knowing what it really was. So keeping the story short she was flyingg!! and had no idea. As mean as this sounds she kind of deserved it, but laughed my ass off when i heard this.

9. waste of weed, put something in it to give them the shits instead :p :hello:

10. My pals and I played poker every week end. WE all would bring snacks to share, but one guy would say he was going to bathroom, and then would eat as much of our food as he could. We played in the garage so we could smoke - so it was easy for him to sneak food as it was inside the house.

We did this to that piggy person in HS - we made cookies with Exlax chocolate. We hide them even. He searched and found them - and ate a whole plate full. He got very ill with diarrheal. We all knew what he would do - so when he came back we said nothing. Soon he started farting and then crapped himself.

WE all laughed, but never told him why he got the shits.

clinton

11. my moms the same way man she has cancer and she takes alot of pain pills for her radiation and they give her really bad stomach aches and they don't really help she's 100% against it tho feel bad thought about doin the same thing too but decided not to

12. Got Netflix? Rent... The Beautiful Truth :wave:

13. My friend's mother, a 58 year old hospital ward clerk who has experienced migraine headaches with similar symptoms but less profoundly debilitating than those of her daughter. Likewise, she was treated with a gradually increasing dosage of Marinol with stabilization at a 10 mg daily dose (5 mg BID). Notwithstanding her undergoing stressful conditions on the job she experienced successful stopping of episodes in prodromal stage.

Left neck numbness, anorexia, water retention and left diplopia were reversed with normalization of gastric motility, diuresis, and peripheral vasodilation. She subjectively felt a relief of affectual pressure. She experienced no debilitating side effects as with other anti-migraine agents and sedatives. Perceptually she described a "shift of vision"- slightly out of focus. This effect was transient.
    :(

While hemp drugs (cannabis) were introduced to western medicine by O'Shaughnessy in 1839 and attained wide usage until the turn of the century with the development of synthetic and semi-synthetic analgesics. Their use declined though maintaining mention in medical texts until removal from the formulary in 1940. Reclassified as a schedule I drug in 1970 alleged to having no medicinal redeeming importance, the synthetic THC created by government sponsored research contractors was down-scheduled to II in 1986, the same as non-combination opiates requiring triplicate prescription.

Grinspoon has recently described use of cannabinoids therapeutically for migraine.

It would appear that further clinical trial of both Marinol and cannabis for the treatment of migraine headache would be desirable. :eek:

14. I wish I would have known then what i know now. My mother was diagnosed with cancer
    when she 32yrs. She past away when she was only 42yrs and had 45 LB of cancer in her
    when she past. This was back in the 1990's when docs and researchers where trrying to figure out
    what cancer really was and how to treat other that kemo. I can't tell you how many research
    studies and experimental studies we went to.

All in all educate the uneducated. Have them start reading this forum!

15. Man, I feel for you. Hope all is well.

As for CannaChris, I also feel for you. I'm in the same boat as you man. My mom suffers from severe, extremely severe anxiety disorder and depression. She also has had severe back pain for the past 3 years, and was addicted to painkillers and alcohol. Her anxiety is so bad that she can't function... for real. I'm not lying. I always tell her, listen this works. It will work. But, it's hard to educate someone when they are against it. My mom said the same thing actually, how she tried it and didn't like it. I also live in NJ.

16. Hey man since making this thread, my mother's views have drastically changed. As a matter of fact, I got her to try it out for the first time in over thirty years. I made a tea from some shake and stems I had been saving. It helped her ease off to sleep and sleep well, but she said she woke up with a headache and didn't like it. Oh well, that just means Tea is out as a method of administration. PERSISTENCE WILL PAY OFF, I guarantee it. As long as your mother is a sensible woman with at least some logic, showing her irrefutable proof of it's pharmacological benefits is likely to sway her enough to the point where she'd be willing to at least give it a try.

Don't give up man, it IS possible!

17. Thats AWSOME BRO! Threads like this is what its all about.

As for her headache...If it was "bag" shake and stems it could of have lingering chems
    from the grow. Anytime I make edibles I "wash" my bud unless I know exactly who, what, and
    where it was grown and even then I might do a "quick wash". I do this alot even if I'm going
    to toke especially when its a bag of regs.

18. [quote name='GalacticBud']Man, I feel for you. Hope all is well.QUOTE]

Thanks bro...Yeah all is well and nothing really has changed. Its been 12yrs now since she
    past away and I still blame god!