Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

How long should you hold smoke in your lungs?

• Please log in to reply

Yzurri

Yzurri

Sketch

• Registered Upgraded
  • 101 posts
After how many seconds is all the THC absorbed in your lungs and holding in the smoke longer doesn't matter?

Pee10

Pee10

Three Ten's

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
From what i've looked at on this forum, 5 seconds gets you pretty much all the thc you'll get of the hit.

The_Amazing_Cheese_Guy

The_Amazing_Cheese_Guy

Marijuana is bad for your.

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
5-6 seconds and you'll feel alrite :D

IndyAir

IndyAir

Ⅎoɹ sɔıǝuɔǝ¡

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,525 posts
Around 5 seconds should do you just fine ;)

TANKJR

TANKJR

• Registered Upgraded
  • 301 posts
5 secs? I guess I have bigger lungs....We used to play a game doing what we called "cocktails", which was a bong hit of thai stick weed with a drop of hash oil on it and you had to take the hit, pull it thru, and hold it until there was no smoke when you blew out. Try that three times! If you coughed it out, you were out and didn't get anymore that night....we usually got pretty baked playing this game...

Guest_Norma Stits_*

Guest_Norma Stits_*
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In
a second or two is fine.. anything more and your just holding your breath for no real reason..

blkarmphoenix

blkarmphoenix

Life-long Poophead

• Registered Upgraded
  • 883 posts
I think you absorb most of the thc within 5 to 6 seconds. My friends and I used to play a game as well, cept we would take a hit and you couldn't exhale till the pipe gets back to you. Its not too hard starting out, but once people get stoned and start spacing out your screwed.

BeaN HeaD

BeaN HeaD

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
I like to count to four, that's usually a solid amount of time. Its enough to keep the smoke in your lungs so when you open your mouth to talk your hit doesn't pour out

Philosiraptor

Philosiraptor

Registered Ninja Turtle

• Banned by Moderators
  • 8,638 posts
4 mins?

White Smoke

White Smoke

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,593 posts
From what I have heard, three to five seconds is the cut off. Anything after that is just killing brain cells.

89fbird

89fbird

• Registered Upgraded
  • 344 posts
i actually have a question regarding this. I have asthma, and everytime i take an inhaler the doc always tells me to hold my breath for 10 seconds before i exhale.

Why is that? Everyone always says hold ur hit in for 4-6 secs, why does the doc tell me 10 seconds?

do u absorb the active components out of smoke faster so u only have to hold for 5 seconds?

sm0kedgrass22

sm0kedgrass22

• Registered Upgraded
  • 186 posts
usually when a blunt gets small enough we play a game called chicago, its where u hit the blunt twice and exhale when it gets back to you. its pretty fun.

ss3ltl

ss3ltl

Lawyer to the Game

• Registered Upgraded
  • 634 posts

i actually have a question regarding this. I have asthma, and everytime i take an inhaler the doc always tells me to hold my breath for 10 seconds before i exhale.

Why is that? Everyone always says hold ur hit in for 4-6 secs, why does the doc tell me 10 seconds?

do u absorb the active components out of smoke faster so u only have to hold for 5 seconds?

The contents of your inhaler and your weed are probably a little different and probably have slightly different absorption rates...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users