Boiling hot bong water?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by TBird, Nov 24, 2010.

1. Nothing like GC posts :p

The Das Theory:
    Molecules move faster under heat and slower when cold I believe I learned that in 5th grade science.
    Therefore when smoke is pulled through hot/boiling water the molecules move faster, filter more.

I just take it through the ice in the second chamber to cool it so it doesn't feel/taste like hot bathroom.

2. Warm Water= tasty smooth hit. :cool:

3. Thanks for the knowledge brother.

For the record I exclusively use distilled water with all my bongs, Lime Scale blocks my milking vision hah...and it looks ugly in my opinion. so theoretically boiling tap water would be a cost effective way of making your own homemade distilled water...?

Yay! no more spending endless amounts of money on water! :smoke:

4. Especially when you are sick :D
    Soothes the throat

5. I used hot green tea yesterday because I only had the water in my thermos and maan it was just fucking awesome. Sooo smooth the steam felt great in my lungs and I could tell I was a lot higher than usual.

boiled water is not distilled water.

7. Yes!!!

8. Interesting topic. I have smoked room temp water and ice water. Never boiling hot. I prefer the ice bong because I don't cough as much. I will try warm though and see how that goes. Thanks for posting!

Nope, distilled water is exactly what it says, distilled... Whereas boiling water only gets rid of these minerals and distills it if you use a proper distillations setup so it goes. Water to steam - Steam goes through a pipe to another containers - Then cools. But if you just use a kettle then it will take the minerals back when it finishes boiling.

10. i think youll be impressed. me as well as many ive spoken with have agreed that cold actually makes hits feel more harsh to us. i believe it to be entirely placebo effect when people believe coldness adds smoothness but who knows we all different, you know you better than i do!
    but boiling water is extremely unneceessary, just like keeping the bong in your freezer or something lol, just hot tap water is fine.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app