Boiling hot bong water?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by TBird, Nov 24, 2010.

1. it is a common misconception that cold bong water is better. warm (not fucking boiling hot lol) water is best. you op are correct on all points and warmth relaxes your lungs and veins and, whilst cold seizes them up (dont fucking tell me different fyi ive spent the last 11 years of my life learning everything about lungs seeing as i have sever life threatening asthma) <--- sorry about that i get the you dont know anything rebuttal all the time. op is right warm is better and smoother.

2. warm water yes, boiling no. boiling will possibly crack your glass (depends). But yeah people who use ice it does smooth the hit out.. but most people cough because of the dryness of the hit not the heat of the hit. Steam solves this problem, and warm water filters it better apparently. I've seen people who put warm water in the ash catcher, and then hook up the ice too.. best of both worlds :)

3. so crazy, ive always been under the impression ice would be smoother since it does cool the smoke, but i just tried it with all chambers at full heat tap water and i have to admit it was quite a bit smoother. i may have a new way of smoking:D

4. Oh nice, warm water + ice catch, hadn't thought of that combo before. Makes me miss my large glass with a pinch. Sigh, I've already had to learn to not grow attached to my peices, as they will all break sooner or later. Because I have a girl. Lol.

5. I posted a thread saying I did this and just got slammed.

I was dumb didn't let mine cool enough but I still prefer the cool over the warm..

Definitely going to try the fire & ice.

6. #27 Cones, Jan 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2011
    I think boiling the water is definitely much better than just plain old tapwater, ive found that water out of any house tap fucks up my bong and puts wierd white stains all around the bottom and shit, especially with the hot tap.

7. Tap water is referred to as "Hard Water" because it contains minerals and metals and such like calcium and magnesium. The buildup of these minerals creat something called Lime Scale I believe and that is what those white stains are. Not really harmful, just an eyesore.

8. hot bong water is fucking gross, me and my cuzin tried it once never again:mad:

9. Bottled lemon juice will get rid of calcium and what not... I let tap water sit in my roor too long. Thinking about trying the fire and ice thing seems like it could work.

10. ok im sorry this fire and ice thing is stupid. the whole point of having warm water is to make the hit smoother and for the warmth to calm your lungs when filled with smoke. if you put ice in the catch its going to have the reverse effect might even nullify it all. and dont you think the ic would melt super fast and overflow your bong after just a few hits and possibly soak your weed. i mean really guys, not the best idea out there

11. Gimme 20 min I'll let yah know

12. Challenge accepted

13. I'd say the moisture has a lot more to do with it than temp... With steaming hot tap water the hit was definitely smoother and tastes really good, it kinda feels too smoggy tho. When you add ice I think it cools it just enough and u still get the smoothness because of the water vapor.

14. interesting thank you for the imput

15. #36 ToolMan1026, Jan 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2011
    Don't do itttt... Theirs a video out there showing the effects of boiling water on a slightly dirt/dirty bong. It ingrains the resin into the bong permanently

16. Try kool-aid

17. I like to use a few shots of warm mescal, with pickle juice in my ashcatcher.

lol

I never thought of trying warm water, i will try that next time i hit the boooong

18. While in theory yes hot (steamy) water would make a smoother smoke because it spreads the smoke apart and keeps it hydrated. Most people (including myself) prefer cool or ice cold water to make it a cooler smoke. Many of us can already tolerate the smoke and it's being filtered already through the water itself and most of the time its an uncomfortable feeling and not really worth it.

Hell, sometimes I don't even put water I just put a shit load of ice cubes and let the smoke melt em lol.

19. to each his own, some vapers/those not used to smoke might prefer the hot water over ice. The point is hot bong water does have positive effects but DO NOT put boiling hot water in :p And the hot/cool method I have never tried i just heard about it haha