Boiling hot bong water?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by TBird, Nov 24, 2010.

1. I was just thinking about this and I think that it would be better to put in hot bong water instead of cold water. The water molecules would be more spread out and the water would absorb more tar. The steam would make it less harsh.
    What do you think?

2. I think it would result in a big wet circle on the front of your face.

3. ok lets say you have boiling water on the stove? Now pour it into your bong...if your bong is sorta cold or not near warm you could stress the glass. Or just think of how hot the steam would be? surely over 170 degrees F. Do you really want 170 degrees steam inside your lungs?:hello:

4. I use warm water in all my bongs, I find it makes for a smoother hit.

5. I think warm water is much better than BOILING water..

6. hot water = smoother and tastier hit, imo

7. I guess boiling probably too hot. The concept still stands though

8. yes. Change the concept to WARM water and it's right. It's been done and it is better IMO

9. fuck brah, i always thought its about uber cold water for smoothness...

guys i only vape these days

do you think i should bring out a bong and hit a bowl of green with warm water?????????

:smoke:

10. Warm water does make the hit smoother, although I feel it tastes best with cold water.

11. Boiling hot? No
    Hot water from the tap? Yes

12. Most recently ive been enjoying hot tap water with a couple orange peels... makes for a sweet tasting smooth hit :D

Cheers.

13. Hot water works fine, boiling water would probably break your tube if it's cold. Hot Tea isn't a bad option either.

14. boiling water is a bad idea lol. in fact, about a month ago my room mate was cleaning his bong and he poured boiling water down the tube. we both heard a loud pop and saw a huge crack running down the side of the bong. the glass wasn't even cold(although it was thin), it was room temperature

15. once, i used tea.
    and it was actually a very delicious tasting, smooth, relaxing hit.
    i liked it.

16. Throw some lemon zest in with some lukewarm water, and you will be well on your way

17. #17 Markis, Jan 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2011
    I boil my water in my kettle, let it settle for 2 mins after boiling, pour it into my bong and add 2 drips of mint extract. I can easily take hits that are MUCH larger.

18. cold water all the way every time. i thought the point in a bong was so it cools the smoke down and filters it a bit.

19. Actually, the irritation is caused by the smoke drying out your throat, which hot water is better at helping. Also, a high quality (i.e. Pyrex) bong could have boiling hot water in it, as Pyrex is designed for lab experiments and can handle rapid temp changes.

20. I completely agree! I let the boiling water cool to the point where the temp is 75-90 degrees Celsius. Even acrylic will easily handle this.

:rolleyes: