Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

Thank God...Glass Bong Repair

• Please log in to reply

Fëanor

Fëanor

Lazy Blunt-Lover

• Old School
  • 7,120 posts
Posted Image

It fell about 5 feet while inside of a suitcase with a shitload of cotton and foam padding. The female part where the stem slides in is broken.

Desperate, I went to my usual smoke shop to ask the guy about repair possibilities. He said his glassblower (the one the blew the piece originally) should be able to fix it just like new, $50. He also said that there might be an icecatcher when I get it back...:D

Halibut Skies

Halibut Skies

Sounds Fishy...

• Registered Upgraded
  • 257 posts
WOW, that is a GREAT looking piece. And i don't even smoke pieces. WOW.. HOLY HELLL that's nice..

Good luck with the fixing and whatnot

WOW

Jokertoker

Jokertoker

Marv

• Registered Upgraded
  • 701 posts
Feanor you definately have some hott ass pieces. The steam roller was sick. But last time when I tried to give you a rep. it didn't work lemme try it now... *edit. Didn't work. Do you think it's because you have a lot more reps then me? I dnno.

grass roots

grass roots

Stop, THINK, Post

• Old School
  • 3,041 posts
very nice gong... you mean he's gonna put ice notches on it for free? that'd be sweet...

newbgrow

newbgrow

The fuck?

• Old School
  • 6,503 posts
May I ask how much you paid for that fantastic bong?

fAKdded

fAKdded

ariya-sacca

• Old School
  • 3,729 posts
Nice bong, can I inquire to what headshop you got that from?

General Blaze

General Blaze

poTheaD

• Old School
  • 2,878 posts
good shit, once i find a blower willing to fix glass im gonna get a few peices fixed, knowing a blower is like a luxery sorta

Fëanor

Fëanor

Lazy Blunt-Lover

• Old School
  • 7,120 posts
I paid $250 originally. So far I've bought 2 new bowls, one for $25 and one for $35. I've also had to buy 1 new stem, $25. Now the repair is another $50 at least, for a grand total almost $400.

I got it at the smokeshop at this address (click for a link to a map):

1649 W Warm Springs Rd, Henderson, NV 89014

When you get to the intersection of Arroyo Grande and Warm Springs, the smoke shop is across the street from Dairy Queen, kitty-corner to the Walgreen's. Be careful, there's actually another smoke shop in the same parking lot as DQ, but it's not as good and the owner was an asshole to me when I used to go there.

Edit: Oh, by the way, since I started going to this shop regularly, he's started to expand quite a bit (even added in a cooler to sell drinks, as well as security cameras), and his prices have gone up too. Negotiate as well as you can; you'd be surprised how much some of the stuff might be marked up.
  • malady likes this

Hardsmoker

Hardsmoker

Jazz addict

• Registered Upgraded
  • 434 posts
It`s a beautiful bong, well worth 400 bucks.

udyrfrykte

udyrfrykte

• Registered Upgraded
  • 441 posts
ive heard lots of nice things about those style of bowls. i know they are glass on glass, and i hear that since they are so long, there are no ashes. something like an ashcatcher with no water.

just blaze

just blaze

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 2,658 posts
wow...real nice bong man, be careful with that, its soo nice wouldnt want that to break

udyrfrykte

udyrfrykte

• Registered Upgraded
  • 441 posts
that is one of the coolest bongs ive ever seen. if you ever feel that you dont want it anymore, hit me up with a pm....

jk. i couldnt afford that now. i really like that bong though. stupid ass south dakota laws say there cant be bongs or glass smoking implements sold here. bitches, man.

akforty7s

akforty7s

Free.

• Old School
  • 831 posts
yo.. nasty bong bro. Thats tight you found some place to fix it.
Have fun

Fëanor

Fëanor

Lazy Blunt-Lover

• Old School
  • 7,120 posts

ive heard lots of nice things about those style of bowls. i know they are glass on glass, and i hear that since they are so long, there are no ashes. something like an ashcatcher with no water.

The bowl in the picture had that feature. On the inside there is an upward funnel at the bottom that kinds makes it hard for the ash to suck through. Dunna if I explained it that well.

Anyway, that bowl has been broken and is now used as an emergency chillum. The bowl I have right now is the same style, but instead of having the ashcatching feature it's just wide open. The bowl I have now actually hits better than the original.

akaf

akaf

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
with that ashcatcher with no water does it ever get like clogged or anything?

Fëanor

Fëanor

Lazy Blunt-Lover

• Old School
  • 7,120 posts
Nope, I never had a problem with clogging. I do clean my pieces fairly often, but I never had it clog at all.

udyrfrykte

udyrfrykte

• Registered Upgraded
  • 441 posts
which costs more, the one with the ashcatching or not?
also, with no ashcatcher, do you need a glass screen?

and does the funnel basically look like this?

....(
.....)
....(
..(MJ)
....||
.../. \

or like this?

....(
.....)
....(
..(MJ)
...\ /
...||

Fëanor

Fëanor

Lazy Blunt-Lover

• Old School
  • 7,120 posts
They cost the same alone, $35. But the ashcatching one came with the bong when I bought it. Also the non-ashcatching one is an 18mm bowl, the original was a 14.4mm. I also bought an 18mm stem (still fits in the bong but allows big bowls).

(MJ)
|\ /|
|   |
|/ \| ---------------This is the 'ashcatcher'
 |||

udyrfrykte

udyrfrykte

• Registered Upgraded
  • 441 posts
ah i see. i assume the one without the ashcatcher is just an open space, no hourglass type thing.

im definately gonna have to look into a bowl like that the next time im in a headshop (4 hour drive there, 4 hours back :( )

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users