Welcome to Grasscity Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Small Batch Crockpot Cannabutter Question

• Please log in to reply

Shuri

Shuri

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
So I had a question about doing a small batch of cannabutter (1/2-1 stick of butter) in a 4qt crock pot. I would like to do it without adding the water. Any advice (I don't have access to the stove)? I have a 1 cup pyrex cup, my thought was to fill the crock pot up half an inch or so with water and place the pyrex cup with the butter and herb in the middle. It won't float, but I thought this would regulate the heat as opposed to placing the cup directly into the crock pot and let it heat through the stone and then the glass.

I'm still half stoned so if anything there is confusing please ask. Please, any help is appreciated. Posted Image

Shuri

Shuri

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Any advice at all?

ss3ltl

ss3ltl

Lawyer to the Game

• Registered Upgraded
  • 634 posts
dude i think you just need the butter and cannabis and the pyrex is over kill. Crockpots can cook at low temperature for a long time as that is what they are made to do...

Shuri

Shuri

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

dude i think you just need the butter and cannabis and the pyrex is over kill. Crockpots can cook at low temperature for a long time as that is what they are made to do...

My point with the pyrex is, 1/2 stick or even one stick of butter melted probably wont be enough to cover a 4qt crock pot bottom. I've never done it in a crock pot before, and only have enough for a small batch.

Shuri

Shuri

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Well I need to start, so anyone who reads this in the next 8 hours, wish me luck. I understand its a week day so it doesn't suprise me I didn't get alot of responses. Anyone who has any advice about small crockpot batches though. Please, I'm all ears.

I'll let anyone whos curious know how it turns out.

Paleo Edibles

Paleo Edibles

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 2,217 posts
So you cant do my method over the stove?

Decarboxylate first, add some water to prevent drying (since its a slow cooker) and just set the slow cooker on high. You want to let it simmer until the cannabis turns brown. you dont need to cool it for 24 hours or anything.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users