Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

My view on the philosophical side of Mathematics and Numbers

• Please log in to reply

Puff&Toke

Puff&Toke

True wisemun toke.

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
Hey fellow blades. I often find myself thinking about the philosophical side of life when im faded. So anyway, i was thinking today, you know scientists say every single thing in the universe can be explained by mathematics... how can numbers describe the planets, gravity and everything else? How can something that man created, translate everything into something humans can comprehend, into a set of numbers?

discuss.

dirtydingusus

dirtydingusus

The jester drinks and starts to think that he alone is wise

• Old School
  • 12,821 posts
easy ...math is alot more then just numbers...it is also all the shit that you can do with numbers....
angles -probabilities- ratios- the list goes on.... so from the right perspective math can explain anything......
anything that is physical.....

math has no hart ...so is unforgiving.....
and cannot explain anything that has to do with "feeling" or "being"

when you say

scientists say every single thing in the universe can be explained by mathematics...

what they even mean by that statement would depend on the individual making the statement,,,,and his perspective on "every single thing" as it pertains to his statement.....

you with me so far?

thebluehippo

thebluehippo

• Registered Upgraded
  • 167 posts
maybe the math behind emotions is just so complicated we cant begin to grasp it

BigiSkrifi

BigiSkrifi

PhillyLove

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
physics,, they measure what the universe has e.g. gravity, distance, u know

YEM

YEM

Om Mani Peme Hung

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,805 posts
The flow of numbers in mathematical equations is not unlike the flow of life. The mannerisms involved in mathematics are somewhat related to the mannerisms of life in general.

Guest_kannabiskid_*

Guest_kannabiskid_*
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In
you can find the pattern of life within every creation of man...

PezzPurpp

PezzPurpp

Registered Cannabis User

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,187 posts
I suppose another reason is because numbers are all facts they aren't just somebodys idea or opinion

like an equation... of course down the line certain equations and number facts could be disproved but they were never intended to be just a guess or close guess in the first place

numbers dont lie basically

Vitamin 420

Vitamin 420

Exogenous Anandamide

• Gold Member
  • 1,725 posts

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users