Jr vs Sr grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by webstock, Nov 15, 2010.

1. The seedlings are not droopy but the soil is becoming very dry. The leaves are nice and green, they look healthy.

2. Being so small they should be good, maybe you should wait another day to water... if the fans are drying it out way fast maybe covering in a sandwich bag or a dome to keep in the moisture? I think itll be fine though, I didnt do that with mine...

3. It may be due to the fact that we have 8 6500k CFLs on these babies...haha. When you step away from looking at them its like you are born again.:eek:

4. Yeah Id say you could turn off 4-6 of those and be fine for the first week or so...I started with 2 CFLS for the first 3 weeks.... lol. Up to you guys, it may fix your watering problem until they end up needing more water anyway.

5. The way it is set up right now we need most of them on due to spacing. They dont really put off heat so I dont think that is what is causing it. I dont think the humidity in the room is right.:confused:

6. You guys got a temp/humidity monitor? I got mine from walmart for like 15 bucks i think

7. No, we dont have one but it probably wouldnt be a bad idea.

8. Damn! More shit to buy??? :eek: This is like hunting or fishing.... you go broke with this hobby! LOL! Just kidding, I know we need that as well as a thermometer. You can feel that the temp is OK in the room but maybe a humidity bump is in order. I will spend the damn money....... Thanks for keeping up Boston. :wave:

9. You got it guys... like I said Wally worlds got um cheap, and its a thermometer and a humidity detector in one... mines AccuRite...

10. ya, 8 cfls put off a fair amount of heat and could be the reason why your soil is drying out so fast. my advice would be to just water every 2-3 days. mj plant likes the dry soil to "breath" anyway. are you guys planning on using a HPS for flowering?

11. More than likely, or just change to a 2700 bulb. I have a 400w HPS bulb, but no fixture. I may pick one up. Your thoughts?

12. We have thought about using a HPS for flowering, but we are leaning towards just using some 2500k CFLs. This is not just because of the cost of a HPS system versus CFL bulbs, but in many grows we see 2500k CFLs do just fine for flowering. And CFLs are easier to manage IMO.

13. I agree, CFLs seem to have plenty good results without the hassle/heat/cost of HO lighting.... Unless your trying to yield sick amounts, to each his/her own.

14. We still have a while until we get to flowering anyway, so we have plenty of time to make up our minds.

15. CFL's are great (haven't flowered with them yet)

But HPS is on a whole notha level. (Did flower with 400 w. HPS very nice)

16. What can you expect in yield differences between CFLs and HPS during flowering?

17. i just cut down my girl today (full cfl grow from veg to flower) what i have noticed is that you get WAY better quality and density by using HPS. IMO cfls will do great for veg, but HPS is indeed the way to go for sure. Dont get me wrong cfls are great and im happy with my result, but there's just a better outcome with HPS. I would say you go the HPS route imo...

18. It seems like all the CFL grows that have real nice yields are using tons of the huge CFLS like the 50 actual watts + ones... Those things are expensive wouldn't it be more cost effective to go HPS?

19. I agree. its just hard to cram in a bunch of cfl's into a grow, to get the same amount of lumen output as a common HPS light. its honestly a lot simpler and bang for your buck if going the HPS route (initial cost sucks, but if you want the best, youre gonna pay for it).

20. We appreciate the input guys, we will seriously have to take evrything to mind when making our decision when the time comes.

About to post picture updates!!!!