Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Do hospitals drug test after giving birth?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Hennessey, Nov 13, 2010.

1. Yes, they do drug test after giving birth. I know this because a friend of mine smoked while pregnant, and she was tested positive. Now she has to do mandatory rehab and DCF is on her ass.

2. Doctor patient confidentiality, your friend should sue her Doctor and make some money for their breaking of the hypocratic oath.

3. Yeah it's pretty ironic that we're ranked what, like 60th in academics? Nice 2nd post btw

4. not quite that low..

Your e-dick is pretty big there with 300 something posts in almost 2 years, arent you mr cool :cool:

5. Sorry, I am not going to argue with you because it would be a waste of my time. I know morons like you who think they are way more intelligent than they really are. And, thanks, I registered and everything just for this thread. Someone had to fucking bring some credibility and truth to the thread.

6. This leads to another question.

Would you all be pissed if his aunt took edibles or vaporized instead of actually smoking?

7. C'mon man, you've got to have a little bit of common sense....right? Ok maybe not. How can you say smoking weed with child in your stomach isn't detrimental to the child?

That child is an extension of the mother, marijuana for a growing fetus can't be good. Plain and simple. The process of neurological development is extremely, EXTREMELY important, and exposing an unborn child to a neurologically altering drug is not smart. Trying to tell me otherwise shows how ignorant you are.

8. Thank you for agreeing to not argue with me, I don't want to make you think too hard :hello:

9. I asked for proof, and all you contributed was more dribble.

So you think exposing the fetus to a physically addicting narc is better?

10. #30 Shezzer, Nov 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2010
    Ok, I said I wasn't going to argue, but I changed my mind. You have your "common sense" and we have links to medical studies. I wonder which one carries the greater weight.....

Oh, and you do realize that you are on a marijuana forum advocating against the use of marijuana right? Good job, champ.

11. I never said that exposing to a fetus to a physically addicting narcotic is better...why would you even suggest that?

I'm simply trying to tell you that smoking marijuana while your bearing a child is irresponsible...

Is it safe to smoke marijuana during pregnancy? | BabyCenter

Prenatal Marijuana Exposure and Neonatal Outcomes in Jamaica: An Ethnographic Study

I've taken the time to post 2 links...The first states how detrimental marijuana can be to a new born fetus, the second states that there were little or no neurological differences between 2 control groups (one group marijuana users, one group non users)

If you search the internet, you will find mixed results. It appears that you searched google, found the first link that looked appealing to you, posted it, and well...here we are.

12. what about the link i posted that says it saves babies lives

13. Hahaha that sounds disgusting.

14. sweet! a site with no citation to their claims, and something from 1994. Good job finding some credible information... :rolleyes:

15. if i recall correctly, its not because she tested positive that they had to report it, but the child tested positive immediately after birth or something like that

16. #36 nascarfan, Nov 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2010
    Doctor-patient confidentiality doesn't apply when child abuse is suspected. Right or wrong, testing positive for any illegal substance (and alcohol) during pregnancy or right after birth is considered child abuse.

17. Marijuana itself is probably not too dangerous to a fetus. However the act of smoking itself is the problem. Smoking anything supresses both the immune system and lung function. This greatly increases the fetus' risk of certain infection and oxygen deprivation (i.e. brain damage).

I'd say if a pregnant woman really needs marijuana for a medical condition, edibles are the way to go.

18. This. If you really MUST use any medication whilst pregnant (which is always a bad idea), then smoking is not an acceptable way to use it.
    In general the research on unborn fetuses and cannabis is inconclusive and contradictory, and when it comes to the health of a child surely its better to be safe than sorry.

19. I think this is the best answer anyone has given so far.

+rep