Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

Normal Heart Rate when stoned?

• Please log in to reply

Cosmic Journey

Cosmic Journey

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I've been smoking for a good while, but was just curious about normal heart rates when high. I notice mine is about 120 bpm when I am high, as opposed to my usual 70-80 bpm when I'm not. Also, it beats quite hard as well, hard enough to where I can feel it, and see it shake my shirt a little bit.

I was just wondering if that is totally fine. Also, it isn't brought on by anxiety or anything like that. It just goes to 120 bpm when I'm high, simple as that. Is this even cause for worry? I doubt it, but I would like to now how fast your heart can beat while high before it is actually dangerous or a problem. Thanks!

Lebowski

Lebowski

At least i'm housebroken

• Gold Member
  • 6,286 posts

Cosmic Journey

Cosmic Journey

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Yeah, I don't have any heart conditions or anything, so I'm sure 120 bpm is nothing to worry about.

But here's a further question: Would, say, taking a walk or something, take that 120bpm I have and bump it up even higher, to something bad? Or would walking, since the heart is already beating fast anyways, not make he heart feel the need to beat any faster?

x8856x

x8856x

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
Mine usually doesn't beat any faster (that i can tell. Not like i have had tests or anything while high) It usually only affects me when i get REALLY baked (somewhere around 3-4 bowls or so)

Oh and by the way, welcome. Your as new as me :P

CosmicRiver12

CosmicRiver12

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,262 posts
increased heart rate is quite normal with me and ive never had a problem with it. most of the time i dont notice it unless im super baked.

by the way, love your screen name :wave:

elfman5150

elfman5150

Word.

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
Hey my heart gets faster, probably around double so 120-130. I don't realize it unless I lie down, and then I can feel it beating in my legs, arms, and even my stomach. It's a crazy feeling but I really like it! It's like I can feel all the areas my blood is going to...
and since there are no reported deaths related to cannabis use, I would guess that that means no one has died from a cannabis induced heart attack either. Makes sense to me anyway.
Hope that helps,
now where was I...oh yes :smoke:

crazy 8

crazy 8

• Registered Upgraded
  • 298 posts
really? i heard it makes it go high, but mine is maybe in the 90's at max usually just 70-80. just downloaded an app the checks heart rate:D

elfman5150

elfman5150

Word.

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
Well I'm not sure if mine is actually double; it seems like it at the time though. I know that when I'm not baked but still high it's around 80 or so because I've checked before. I'll let you know what it gets up to when I'm baked - just give me a few minutes ;)

Edited by elfman5150, 11 November 2010 - 02:50 AM.
I meant 80 not 90

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users