• 10 Replies
  • Please log in to reply
  • HERO

• Pip
  • Hero14
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 08:37 PM

I've been smoking for a while now, and just recently I've been getting this feeling like someones putting pressure on my throat when I'm high. It's not that I've taken too big of a hit or anything, because for the few minutes before I actually become high I don't feel it, and the higher I get, the more intense it becomes. I don't know if it's something I should just try to look past, or if there's anything I can do to fix it. It's not a burning or sore feeling, it feels like someone's strangling me, but not tightly, and like I said the higher I am the tighter the grip.

Has anyone else ever experienced this? Or have any idea of what I should do?
Replies (10)

• I got 5 on it

• Romeskii
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 156 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 08:39 PM

I've been smoking for a while now, and just recently I've been getting this feeling like someones putting pressure on my throat when I'm high. It's not that I've taken too big of a hit or anything, because for the few minutes before I actually become high I don't feel it, and the higher I get, the more intense it becomes. I don't know if it's something I should just try to look past, or if there's anything I can do to fix it. It's not a burning or sore feeling, it feels like someone's strangling me, but not tightly, and like I said the higher I am the tighter the grip.

You should stop smoking bud.

• HERO

• Pip
  • Hero14
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 08:42 PM

For good?

• 9 to the universe

• DAVlD
  • Gold Member
  • 8,988 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 08:47 PM

it's probly from the fact your smoking. try getting some cough drops or throat spray, or you could even try having a glass of water or something while you smoke. how and what do you usually smoke when you do?

• ReconSquirrel
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 324 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 08:48 PM

it used to happen to me but it just stopped randomly

• HERO

• Pip
  • Hero14
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 09:02 PM

It's happened from smoking decent mids out of a bowl, and a bong, orange kush out of a bowl, and one night me and a friend of mine smoked 2 bowls of skunk weed and it was so intense that I thought I was going to throw up. Since that night I've only smoked mids hoping that it would stop. When I smoke mids from a bowl or bong I still have the feeling but it's small enough that I can ignore it, but then I'm barely high

• PipPip
  • BluntRapChris
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 09:09 PM

maybe you just a really dry throat, have you tried drinking juice, not water, you want something thicker, like citrus juice, that should help.

• HERO

• Pip
  • Hero14
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 09:23 PM

No, but thats a good idea. Ill try that out and see what happens. I've only drank soda or arizona green tea after, and neither of those are thick

• 9 to the universe

• DAVlD
  • Gold Member
  • 8,988 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 09:25 PM

i would also suggest taking some nyquil before bed for a couple days see if you're just getting a cold or something.

• Have you finished those errands?

• Infinite Experience
  • Bronze Member
  • 955 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 09:29 PM

I think I get the same thing. Like my throat feels so tight and its sensitive to one little hit. Maybe because its out of a harsh pipe I don't know.

• PipPipPip
  • tightlyrolledj
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 40 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 09:42 PM

You may not be drinking enough water

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users