Hermie... WHAT TO DO?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by anon69, Nov 3, 2010.

1. I have a hermie that has just been cut down (it is my only plant). Some branches are prodominately female, some branches are prodominately male, but most of it is about half and half.

The buds are sticky and are covered with crystals, but there are male flowers all through out the buds.

Is it smokable as is? Some threads say to pluck out all of the male bananas, but it would take forever and I still wouldn't be able to get all of them.

Does anyone have personal experience with this?

Any advice would be helpful.

Thank you.

2. My last grow I ended up with a few plants going hermie at the very end (stress related I believe) and one of them had quite a few banans throughout the buds. They all smoked just fine in the vape and the bong and one of the hermies was the best plant out of the bunch (random bagseed).

Generally the only time I would bother picking out the bananas was if there was still time left before harvest. Since you've already chopped what is done is done and no more pollination or growth should really occur. Dry and cure it like normal and enjoy.

3. BHO? huh?

4. I wasn't sure if those male flowers were smokable or not. Thanks.

5. Butane Honey Oil

6. Dry and cure as normal.

7. The male bits are perfectly fine to smoke, they just don't have nearly the amount of active chemicals in them. The only reason to pluck bananas is to avoid seeds.

Smoke it up!

8. If you're picky about smoking only sensimilla, you could always just make some real nice hash out of some of the buds with a lot of ballsacks and bananas on 'em.