Israeli Apartheid

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SmokinP, Oct 31, 2010.

1. #21 dudedude4, Nov 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2010
    You are fuckin blind. You are contending jews were picked on for a reason! What the fuck is wrong with you? The reasons people gave for massacring them was literally bullshit blood libels like that. You don't know what the fuck you're talking about. The ugliest part is how you pretend like you're not a flaming bigot... Ridiculous. Maybe Gay people deserve to be picked on too, right? Or black people? Or Muslims? You know people hate them, so it must be for a good reason. What filth.

2. There are many historical and sociocultural reasons as to why the Jews have been persecuted throughout history. If you honestly care about finding out the truth you can just google it or go to your local library.

I think it's very sad that you can have lived 18+ years on this planet and still believe that Jews (or blacks, or women, or gays for that matter) deserve(d) the persecution they receive. Have you ever met or befriended a Jew?

3. Why is irrelevant.
    Nothing could justify the actions of the Nazi's. It is one of the most shameful episodes in world history.:(

This thread is about the apartheid being carried out by the Israelis against the Palestinian people.
    Lets keep it to that.

4. The thing is everyone is saying that israelis should just man up and make a deal with the palestinians but a compromise is a lot harder than it is portrayed. The palestinians want their own sovereign nation and while the israelis are willing to make concessions they are unwilling to do so at the risk of the loss of their own nation, and the risk of an enemy nation literally within their borders. The question of why palestinian villages are being fenced off has to do with the terrorist attacks that have taken place over the years and the rockets being launched at the israelis. I would argue that it is self-defense, however, it is not the right way to deal with the issue. No one can really say how to fix the palestine israel conflict. However you ask why america gives millions of dollars to israelis. I would say its for the national defense. If you haven't noticed a lot of people hate the nation of israel. This takes off the attention and hate from the united states and gives other nations someone else to hate. To protect ourselves we have aided the israelis because they are almost a first line of defense. Also, Israel will do whatever is necessary to protect themselves such as bombing an iranian nuclear facility. The US would never do that in fear of international relations repercussions but the israelis have very little to loose and will do what they must to protect themselves. While obviously apartheid is not okay. In a sense it is justifiable if it doesn't harm the palestinians and if it is being used as a form of protection --- not unlike the wall the israelis built. Im sure drastic measures for defense can be understood when people are shooting rockets at you and you find yourself the center of almost universal hate

5. Sure sure.

My personal favorites are the Six-Day and Yom Kippur Wars.

;)

6. I concur.

Agreed... there's a reason Israel is only known over there as "Little Satan" and the US is "Big Satan."

7. i've actually written two research papers on the palestine-israel conflict and im doing another one before the new year its always pretty interesting. However this most recent one im gonna be writing about american involvement in peace efforts well see how it goes

8. There is so much wrong in what you are saying here i dont even know where to begin...:)
    This reads like "The Little Book of Neo-Con":eek:

Do you see the Palestinian people as second class citizens ?

9. not at all however i see the israeli response to terrorist attacks and rocket launches to fence in palestinian towns as logical i never said it was the right thing to do

10. and by all means tell me what is wrong with it i want to learn im sure i have said stuff that is wrong lemme hear it :D learning is part of understanding

11. You've OBVIOUSLY forgotten about the 1,200+ innocent Palestinians who were slaughtered by Israeli troops last year for no sufficient reason at all other than they we're Palestinian. Hiel Hitler indeed :|

12. #32 SmokinP, Nov 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2010
    Ten years ago Ehud Barak, the most decorated soldier in Israel's history, famously observed that if he had been born a Palestinian he would have been a terrorist.

That was long before the siege of Gaza; for a Gaza resident who has lived through the past year, taking up arms against Israel and supporting violent resistance is not only entirely understandable, it appears positively reasonable.

Would Americans really overthrow our own government -- even a government we might initially have opposed -- to end a siege or the threat of attack by a more powerful enemy? Is that how Americans, and Israelis, have responded in the past?

Howard Schweber: Israel in Gaza: Three Wrong Arguments
    Few years ago now but there has been "no change"...:)

The US claims it wants peace in the Middle East. Establishing a workable Peace Agreement between Israel/Palestine and if needed forcing the issue would go a long way towards this..
    The Palestinian cause has been sighted by Bin Laden on numerous occasions as a source of his anger with the US..

13. do you really believe israel had no reason to besiege gaza, and the term slaughter is completely misused since the UN human rights group reported that the israelis did almost everything they could to prevent human casualties. but when palestinians with guns use other palestinians as human shields obviously people are going to die

14. Yeah, as long as we're into this can we not gloss over the fact that Hamas put shit like mortars and weapons in civillian homes more or less to make Israel look bad either by having its own people killed or by getting them to rack up civillian casualties? I mean the Israeli govt. isn't in the right, even by a long shot, but the Palestinian govt. is just as bad with some of the shit they've pulled. Like it or not Hamas is a terrorist organization, and while they may be seen as freedom fighters by their kin, anybody who pulls that kinda crap claiming its for the greater good is full of themselves, and full of shit.

15. Also, whoever said the Holocaust was exaggerated, thanks for the laugh. 6 million people were killed. WHAT AN EXAGGERATION!

16. I apologize for saying that it was bad form and I apologize for offending any jews but my point remains is that it is merely a thought which I can't escape merely for the fact that any form or criticism of Jews becomes Nazi Ideology as if they are free or sin. At this point I no longer choose to partake or continue with this discussion as it is distasteful how biased and subjective not to mention the hypersensitivity in talking about how Israel eliminates the Palestinians like roaches and we're supposed to act like the Palestinians aren't human beings because the Jews suffered the holocaust and they have a land which the forcefully took and killed countless people living in the Arab peninsula to call their nation theirs, hypocrisy in true form. Like I said I'm done. Enjoy the rest of the debate

17. This "hypersensitivity" is there because you said the Jews have been massacred throughout history and picked on for a reason, and that they exaggerated the holocaust.

As if you didn't know... at least stop pretending you're not such a neo nazi.

Good call on leaving the debate though, I would if I were you.

18. #38 Gonjaninjitsu, Nov 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2010
    So tell me this then, why have the jews been picked on for countless centuries pre-hitler? Answer me that then after call me neo-nazi all you want cuz I don't really care because its far from the fact but whatever makes you happy. Do you support the killings of innocent Palestinians? Is this what you support and believe in?
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xl4nWHwoMOw&feature=related]YouTube - Israeli Sniper killing Civillians[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSFwyWyVo74&feature=channel"]YouTube - On-board video of Gaza Freedom Flotilla storm, aid workers & Israeli troops clash[/ame]

19. Your bigoted claims of holocaust exaggeration and that jews deserved to be picked on has nothing to do with the palestinians. You are just a terrible person. I thought you were leaving the debate? I was so excited to never read another bigoted Nazi thought from you!

20. #40 Gonjaninjitsu, Nov 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2010
    Exactly, exactly. Lets not pretend thats you lets pretend thats me. Exactly encore fella encore. Lets just not pretend thats you and pretend thats me. Brava, brava

EDIT: And I'm still waiting for an answer from you. Why have the jews been picked on for countless centuries pre-hitler? There's a reason you reply to these post as well as there's a reason jews have been persecuted for centuries. Never claimed it was justified or right so don't put that in my mouth. Answer my question or forever hold your silence behind your hatred and ignorance