New Jerome Baker Designs Bong!

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Tin Man, Oct 31, 2010.

1. So my local headshop received a shipment of new JBD and my birthday was coming up so i decided to get myself one.

4 arm perc, slit diffused downstem, 7mm glass, 19mm joints.
    The tiki guys on the top are all hand painted.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. jerome baker designs stopped production many years ago. They sold the JBD logo to zong, and that's who made your bong.

3. As a result of operation pipe dreams, Jason harris, owner of JBD, was on probation and recently got off, moved to maui and began making new JBD.
    That is where my bong is from.

4. Nice bong no matter where u got it from:wave:

5. That's news to me. Unfortunatley afaik he still is out of the glass blowing game and runs a wholesale company in Cali.

If that's him he's lowered his standards a hell of a lot

6. im totally diggin the artwork!!
    check out my juciyjars thread(in sig)

7. basically it is JBD in name only. jerome baker designs is a defunct brand, and will be forever.

8. Kinda what i was thinking. Looks like a regular beaker someone painted on. Still cool tho.

9. You can still get OG JBD's, my lhs got a shipment of 18 last year from a collector and only like 5 have been sold so far. The cheapest one is like $650, i plan on getting it around xmas if i have extra cash :D. Most people don't appreciate it, shit even my friends said that's too much for a regular beaker bottom, but it's ohhh sooo much moree!

10. whats the background of it?
    why so ____

11. Just got this last week, brand new jerome baker designs. 14in beaker base with a JBD slit diffuser precooler. the whole thing costed me about 250 at artifax in ne philly. this thing will milk and leave your throat feeling perfect the whole way through. JBD bongs will alwaysss rip

Attached Files:

12. not to be a dick, but did you really pay 250 for that? lot of money for a knock-off jbd label straight with ac

13. Too bad it isn't a knock off. it has jbd engraving on it and it was 160 for the bong and 90 for the precooler

14. damn dude, did u look on grasscity for a precooler first?
    90 is outrageous for that

15. that stem look like its gonna break any second...

16. Thats a nice piece, but its not a true JBD. It has the name but not the maker. JBD shut down in 03' thanks to "piece dreams". He was banned and no longer able to make glass waterpipe pieces. He later sold the rights of the name "JBD - Jerome Baker. Jerome Baker AKA Jason Harris is now in Maui making glass art and I think peace pipes. Old school JBD have a lot of work IN the glass and never hand painted. I hope this helps. Sorry if I said like an A**. Just passing on info. Also here is a few photos of a couple JBD's I have from around 99-01.

17. Sorry guys. My uncle owns a smokeshop here in kona which i work at. And Jason Harris aka 'Jerome Baker' DOES still blow glass on Maui. He is a very good friend of the Shop and our Family n sorry to burst ur bubble naysayers but those are the new Jerome Baker beakers and the hand painted designs are authentic. My uncle has a hand painted JBD he got as a gift from Jason and the painting styles are identical. For all of you saying he doesnt blow glass, please get ur facts straight before you speak about somethin you dont know about

18. Holy pieces of shit, batman!!!!

19. these are chinese beakers. (those percs are a dead giveaway) even if "jason harris" did hand paint them, no one gives a shit because "JBD" the brand is defunct, and always will be.

20. Damn quit hatin on their glass ya pricks!! Jesus guys. Props on your new purchases, they look sick and im stoked that your pleased. Since when did this forum fill up with know it all snobs tryin to put people down?