Magic Flight Launch Box appreciation club!

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Marrijane420, Oct 31, 2010.

1. the finishing grinder grinds material much finer then the scs which makes it a better investment for a mflb owner. Not to say scs isn't a great grinder I have my trusty 4 piece and it works super. 3-4 twists and I get a nice medium fluffy grind every time.

2. #9902 левша, Jun 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2015
    Thanks for the suggestions guys but i heard/read that the finishing grinder is better as just like the name suggests a finishing grinder/secondary.. They say if you put in sticky buds often the grate gets gunked and the groves on the wood as well and in turn make the grinding process much more difficult.
    How do you guys feel about a 2 piece space case? I like the idea of a 2 piece because i can keep grinding till im happy, saw good reviews too

3. I took a break with my mflb bc the batteries were pretty much dead and I stuck (pretty heavily) to my bong from then on (which has been a month and a half ish) anyways I just restocked on batteries and my little dude just isn't giving the punch he used to.. I've had the unit for 6 months and it's kind of gunked up, not clogged but gunky for sure.. It's not getting me high at all and the bud is good.

Can I use my warranty for this ?

4. Welp, I've vaped some 3 trenches and I'm still not high. I'm starting to think its the bud.. This has never happened before, the clouds I'm getting are decent but there's just no kick whatsoever.

5. I don't think you can claim on the warranty because it's not damaged. Of course, if it suddenly got damaged, then that's another matter.

Part of the enjoyment of the MFLB is its maintenance. You have to get ISO and use the brush provided to clean out the heating chamber. The resin around the screen comes off and the device regains its efficiency.
    ISO is also used to clean the wood and stem. Occaisonally, you can rub the wood with coconut oil to keep it in good condition. You just don't do that kind of thing with metal and plastic devices.

The NiMh batteries will lose charge over time. I think they need changing between 6 months to a year. I've used the original batteries for about 3 years (very low use) and they don't last as long now, and it takes over 7 hours to recharge.

This induced me to buy a new device. I got a Firefly and am happy I chose another good design. But with the Flowermate V5.0s, Arizer Solo, EQ and DBV at similar prices, I'm wondering if I should've gone for more affordable and well-known brands!

6. I know its not advised ,but i find you need to clean under the screen.

I use a cotton bud minus the cotton. Just gently ease all the krud it collects.
    You be amazed@how much is there. Once cleaned it works great,i notice as i always use my box with the orb.

7. I finally got around to making a "3rd Lung" for my mflb. Totally worth the 5 minutes it took to throw together. 3 hits and I'm money.

8. Bought the new bottle rocket and excited to test it out!

9. I would have to agree. I usually use my regular grinder then put that into the finishing grinder. It just takes a few more seconds to do but I end up with a nice fluffy consistency.

Also wanted to add that the bottle rocket is awesome 8)

10. Bottle rocket must be a new accessory? Got some pics you might want to add? Magic flights always got some new device coming. I still have yet to even buy the power adapter but thats next for sure. Honestly ive been using the box for so long with my plain old batteries from almost cpl yrs ago and its just perfect for me.

11. #9911 CherCherried, Jul 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2015
    http://sales.magic-flight.com/bottle-rocket/

I'll just link the official site to save time lol. It basically has the same function as the UFO, but this one is for bottles. Definitely recommend that you invest in at least one of them. I can gather vapor in the bottle and get big hits that way. I'm sure you can do the same with the UFO as well.
    Also same still have yet to get the power adapter but I got the powerex 2700s which work great anyways.

12. Not heard of this before. I'm on a wake n bake today so I'm going to knock one of these up and test it out. It'll certainly help for situations where my friends who don't vape want to try out the launch box.

13. #9913 Royksopp, Jul 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2015
    How often should you clean it? I got mine new in the middle of June. How do you clean it? Just with the lil brush?

Just got the PA for it, can't believe how amazing it is. I was using old stock batteries from like 5 years ago and it would take forever to get high and even then, they wouldn't get me high like I get now with the PA. [​IMG]

If you're thinking about getting it, do it!

14. I clean mine about once a month once resin starts to build up on the sides of the trench.

You can use isopropyl with q-tips if you are gentle and have a very steady hand but it doesnt take much to dent the screen. Pays off with faster vaporizing and noticeably bigger clouds for a few days.

15. i just got one :D

16. Parents took mine when the found my stuff gonna get another one soon though! They're amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. #9917 cmetzger, Aug 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2015
    I just bought mine for 30 bucks from a buddy and even though it's used it still packs a punch. I never smoke nor vape more than once a day but yesterday I vaped 3 times and got significantly high every time from so little weed. I only filled the trench twice and shared it as well I was blown away. I also got very little clouds so I was frustrated with that but I realized the batteries were low but the clouds are still very faint! After doing some research many users said that is normal and actually better because you're getting all the thc into your body instead of letting it out.

Edit: after hitting it today I'm still getting better! I can feel the hits a lot more today also I'm using it native

18. There are a few good YouTube videos showing how to clean your MFLB.

19. Dudes, just wanted to drop my appreciation here for the MFLB.

I was smoking it in the movie theatre this weekend and the person next to me had no idea I was smoking it. She smelt marijuana odor come and go, but never knew it was I who was hitting it. I used the discreet method of hitting it like listed in their manual.

Worked great, like I thought it would. Not surprised, just appreciative.

20. something must be wrong with your flight box if it's smoking