Magic Flight Launch Box appreciation club!

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Marrijane420, Oct 31, 2010.

1. Thank you all, and especially for the gentle warning. That guy in the video was digging in haha, i think he was doing it for the sake of showing how quick and easy it is.
    K so, iso, not too much,,gently along rods, upside down, take time, burn off iso, not too much, and done. Simple!

:smoking:

Yup........and then when you fire it up for the first time after the cleaning, be careful that you don't combust.     The box "may" be quite a bit hotter after that cleaning.

3. #9823 1flyfisher, Mar 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2015
    After you are done cleaning DO NOT hold the battery in for more than a few seconds. IMO from my experience, It is best to clean it and then not use it for a while until the ISO just evaporates off and then just pulse the battery two or three times for a 5 seconds and then just load it up and use it with a full trench. There was a video I saw that said to heat it up for 20-30 seconds. I did this and it caused the corners of my screen to separate.  Heating and cooling expands and contracts various materials/metals etc. I could literally see the screen separate and expand and a gap expand in the corners when I held the battery in for 20 seconds. It damaged my first MFLB.

4. Thanks for this... Sometimes in lieu of an intensive clean with ISO I'll just crank up the heat on my PA to 100% and just burn all that shit off. So would that be detrimental to my box?

5. #9825 1flyfisher, Apr 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2015
    I would not recommend anyone to do that and I will not do that ever again with my MFLB. I held the battery in for 15-20 seconds like their video shows and it caused the gaps in the corner of the screen to get wider and actually curl. When I did that I could literally see the metal screen expand and contract. Everytime I did that the gaps got wider and wider. THey should not tell people to do that, IMHO. I also cranked up the PA for 15-20 seconds after I got my PA. Then the gaps would get clogged with herb which completely sucked. This was with the first MFLB I bought off Rakutan. It was poorly made and had several defects to begin with and was just shoddy. I think that's why I got it for $74. I think MFLB was unloading and selling some of their poorly made ones for cheap. Same for the first power adapter I bought for $50. It was poorly made and It also failed. They sent me a new Box and a new power adapter(the dial broke, the paint dots fell off, the insert would not make contact as the metal got squished together, the PA insert didn't fit into the hole well) which I could clearly see both were made much better especially the box. The second box they sent me looked much much better made. the first one had rough edges on the inside b y the gasket and the screen along the edge was rough too. I forget what else. From the first one to the second one I could clearly see the second one was made much better.  Oh yeah it(first one) developed a crack running up from the stem hole to the top from tapping it to loosen up the stuck herb. DO NOT tap it too hard either. I now tap it very lightly to loosen up the stuck on herb and shake it vigorously. Sadly the second box I got the screen along the rail started to get micro tears, the light failed after the first few days.  So be very very careful and gentle cleaning it. I have come to realize the box isn't as durable as we are led to believe. So now I am very very careful with it. I brush it out as gently as possible and clean it with a q-tip as gently as possible. Use as little pressure as possible on that screen. I wasn't excessively hard on the prior ones I would just do what they show in their own videos. I now disagree with some of the information and instructions they are providing their customers.

...also I would not recommend anyone buy a MFLB from anywhere but off their website. I believe they sell the ones that aren't made too good to places like Rakuten or Amazon for cheap. That's why I got my box/pa//grinder so cheap. 

6. One could follow the cleaning directions of the designers and manufactures listed here. https://www.magic-flight.com/cleaning.php or follow the suggestions of people who have returned their box multiple times. I went with the manufacture directions (mostly) and have not needed to return any of boxes yet. Good Luck

7. #9827 1flyfisher, Apr 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2015
    As I stated, I followed their instructions and it damaged the box. You push the battery in and hold for a 15-20 second count. I even went so far as to actually time it with the timer on my iphone just to make sure I wasn't holding it in too long! I held the battery in and could see the gaps in the corner expanding and getting wider. The first few times they would expand and contract but over time the gaps got wider and never closed back up. The corner gaps were filling up with herb and getting clogged.
    So I am just not going to ever do that again myself, but others can do as they see fit.

8. Considering their lifetime warranty, I'd follow their directions and if it ended up that it ruined the box, they would then send me a brand spankin' new one.

9. I always run my pa at 100% and burn the crap off. Yeah the corners get a bit wider but it doesn't get any worse after a while. I clean it well with a soft brush after each use and use the burn off once a month followed by constant brushing until it's spotless. Also I carefully scrape the build up under the screen with a paperclip until there is no visible residue. After a long time using it she still runs perfect.

10. Some amount of crap builds up under that screen.runs like a river sometimes lol

I use a cue tip with the bud bit chopped off.once you get that shit out,it runs like a dream :)

Wish it had easy access to under the screen,i also burn it off@100%never had any probs so far.

11. Did you not just say that your first MFLB that was damaged from overheating was already shoddy to begin with? If that's the case, I imagine the screen pulling away was more a result of the defective unit than anything.

12. How many draws do you guys get out, everytime you fill your Box? I'm a newb, so I don't really know when enough is enough. 

Also, do you wait 15-20 seconds like the aforementioned poster? Or do you wait 3-5 seconds like the manual says.

And finally, how do you guys take out the battery? The manual says to take the battery out 3 seconds before you're finished inhaling. Do you need two hands for this maneuver?

13. 12 good hits from a "FULL" trench ,can vape it till its really dark after that.
    I just disengaged the battery . Didnt fully remove it.oh and used one hand lol

14. I see. I saw some vids, and I guess it detaches by itself if you don't apply pressure. I was confused about that.

Also, what's the battery charging protocol? Do you charge every single time after use? One of the video says it's better to let the battery drain out before recharging?

15. I charged them only when they didn't heat the box up. (I dont think they are batts with a memory)
    Tbh i got pissed off with batteries,and bought the PA few weeks after lol

16. #9836 левша, Apr 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2015
    Recharge batts after 1 fat trench, maybe 2 medium sized.
    Release pressure on battery and it will stop heating, but its best to still pull it out.
    Also i wait about 3 seconds for vapor to start forming and then hit for another 12-15. Dont go above 20 or even 20 secs, shouldn't have to
    I forgot the reason on why you shouldn't drain all the battery until charge again, but @lwien can tell you. It is something about the discharge and it in turn can make your batteries lose charge quicker.
    There are many accessories like the power adapter that you can plug into the wall and it can heat up quicker and hotter, and doesnt need to charge after use and the batteries can then be only used for portability if you like. If you want you can hit the mflb through a bong, for bigger milkier hits with the water pipe whip, different joint fittings for different size bong joints (joint of a bong is where you put the bowl or stem in and is the airway that leads the smoke into the big bong part)

:smoking:

17. Yes that may have been the case but I don't want to take any chances and I found that it is unnecessary to hold the battery in that long to rid the unit of iso. Iso evaporates pretty quickly. So i'll clean it late at night when I will not be using it for several hours and just let it evaporate and just give it a little heat for 3-5 seconds. But like I said to each his own, I am just playing it safe and don't want another one to get big gaps in the corners.

18. I get about 8-10 draws and that leaves my ABV a light golden brown. But you can certainly take more draws and the ABV will get darker but the taste will get nastier the more draws. For me, Those first 2-3 draws are very tasty but those last 8-10 can be a bit nasty so I stop there.

You misunderstood what was being discussed. Holding the battery in for 15-20 seconds(which I no longer do) is done after cleaning to evaporate the iso. NOT before a draw. FOr taking a draw hold the battery in for a few seconds 3-5 at most. From my experience about 3 seconds.

I just release pressure on the battery when I am getting to the end of my draw. That shuts off the unit as the gasket pushes back the battery and there is no longer a connection. It isn't that complex and no "maneuver" is required. Just finish your draw and take the battery out.

19. #9839 1flyfisher, Apr 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2015
    After you completed a trench just recharge your battery before the next trench. The unit will work with any brand AA battery 2400 mah or higher. The batteries that come with the unit are AA batteries that will once charged, hold the charge for longer time periods(months/year). You can go to Batteries Plus or even Walmart and find these types of AA batteries but they are unnecessary. MF uses these so when you get the unit you are ready to go and the batteries come pre-charged. After manufacture, a unit and the batteries might not be sold for months so they want the unit to be good to go when you receive it so that is why they sell it with those types of AA batteries. But any AA 2400mah battery or higher will work just fine. I bought some Duracells $8-9 from Walmart and there is no noticeable difference between them and the ones that come with the unit.

20. What's a fat trench? I thought you weren't supposed to overfill the trench?

Also, how many hits do you take generally? I'm gonna try it today. My Box arrived last night. Wow, that was quick. Overnight, literally. Anyway, I wanna know how much I'll need to be philosophical enough to write, but not so high I'm out of it. Is that two slow inhalations? Three? All twelve?