Magic Flight Launch Box appreciation club!

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Marrijane420, Oct 31, 2010.

1. MFLB is awesome to use to vape kief! I wouldn't put just kief in though.

2. I just picked up a knock off mflb didn't have the extra cash for the real deal. Some times I get a decent vapor others I will just get a taste basically. Any tips on what I maybe doing wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Buying one this week, excited. I'll definitely post a review.

I've been watching technique videos to hopefully shorten that learning curve.

I'm a big e cig guy and from what I've read/watched using it effectively is very similar to techniques I use to get larger clouds with my e cigs, so I think I'll be set!

Excited!

"Aye man how's my driving?"

"Uhh I think we're parked man..."

4. Why's the MFLB not ideal for someone with a high tolerance? I'm curious cause I'm about to buy one but I do have a sizable tolerance...

"Aye man how's my driving?"

"Uhh I think we're parked man..."

5. #9645 puddleglum, Nov 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2014

I'm not lwien (the poster you are responding to) but here is my experience with MFLB: the experience of using it is like "sipping" instead of "gulping." It is like smoking a 'pinner' joint as opposed to ripping a bong hit.

I personally enjoy sipping on my MFLB as a change of pace from other delivery methods. It forces me slow down and feel philosophical. I like my MFLB if I am taking a leisurely walk in the woods, working at my desk, sitting in my comfy chair reading a book, or even relaxing in the bathtub. It heats up and cools down instantly, so I can take a sip, wait 5 minutes, take another sip, wait 30 minutes, take another sip, etc.

The downside for a heavy user is that it takes 10-15 minutes of leisurely sipping to get comparable effect to ripping 1 giant bong hit. If you are the type of smoker who finishes a bong-load and immediately packs another, you are definitely going to want extra batteries and/or the power adapter for your MFLB, because you will be using it constantly trying to deliver the amount of THC you're used to. (And forget about sessions with your friends; MFLB is a one-person vape.)

I am a medical user. If I'm feeling lousy and need a lot of medicine, fast, I generally do not reach for MFLB. My Arizer Solo is better for high-volume vaping, and I have a Buddha on the way for even more power. My hope is this will allow me to quit combustion entirely (something I was never able to achieve with MFLB as my only vape).

6. ^^ Good answer.

7. Does anyone else's taste like shit after about 6 months? Mines been thoroughly cleaned yet after 1 or 2 hits the load tastes like pure crap.

8. #9648 lwien, Nov 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2014
    The MFLB is not the best tasting vape on the market by a long shot, but I've had mine for years and it doesn't taste like crap.

On the other hand, you many have put a lot my weed through yours than I have.

When you say, "thoroughly cleaned", can you be a bit more specific?

9. Ive used mine daily for a little over a year and it gets the full cleaning treatment once a week. Tastes fine to me.

10. Maybe I've been spoilt by my ascent. Its had a fair amount of weed through it but I couldn't put a number on that.

I gave it a good clean with iso a brush and q tips including a 'burn off' and another clean. Still tastes pretty nasty. I think you become accustomed to the flavour it created as when I used it daily I was fine and once I'd had a break and went back to it I couldn't get on with the flavour.

I doubt I'll really use it much these days. I tend to take 2 trenches to get a decent high.

11. I'm curious as to how these different herbs work when mixed into the trench. Don't you find the odds of combustion increase when adding more materials into the mix? And don't you ever feel a little sick with the two different buzzes going on?

12. #9652 sKiTz-0, Nov 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2014

Yeah, you bought a knock off launch box. Seriously dude, I bought a knock off one to try out vaping as I wanted to make the switch from combustion. I didn't want to drop loads of cash on it if I didn't like it. It got me a little high, nothing like the high I had whilst smoking. But I figured I need to give up combustion for the sake of my lungs (daily cigarette and joint smoker for 15 years) so if the high wasn't as good then so be it, that was just how it had to be from now on.

So I invested in a legit launch box and wow - the difference was massive. The build quality was a million times better, the temperature was higher - I could tell as I was getting much more vapour and also, I could tell from the high that more CDB/CBNs had been burnt as it was a bit more like the smoking high I was used to. Anyway, with the legit box I had another little learning curve to get used to it and then I could send myself into space with it. Problem is, I was forever charging batteries which was a pain. So I invested in the PA so that I could have constant power at the touch of a button. Don't underestimate the convenience of that - it transforms the launch box from a portable vape into something that is very easy to have as your main smking piece at home. That and it is more powerful than the batteries; I would say that the glyph batteries are about 70% compared to the PA's 100%. Also the power is constant - with batteries you have a nice hit the first couple of times but then the power degrades and you have to adjust your technique as the power gets lower. With the PA you don't have to compensate for that. Also, you can control the power level on the PA, I usually start mine off at about 40% for a fresh trench, then as it gets a bit darker I turn it up to 80%.

TL:DR - a legit mflb will knock the socks off a knock off. And get the PA.

13. I have it
    Is it sketchy to vape and drive
    Will people think u are smoking or doing somethin weird

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

14. plz bunp

15. #9655 левша, Nov 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2014
    lol you could probably get a draw whip lay the box down on your lap and hit that shit at a stop light, i dont know how long they get though. You will be fine anyway unless there is a police car by you.
    If you MUST hit it while driving to be less sketch and dont want a draw whip press the batt against your palm and vape with one hand as if you were yawning(you can even do the facial expressions for full incognito style) ;)

16. Thanks

I use naive no glass straw

Any tips on driving vaping

17. Just Ordered one with a few accessories(draw whip,2more batteries,battery case,abv container,rubber bands) just curious on how long it takes with ground shipping and if any advice on any other tinkers to get for it...still live with mother who is against weed so this is for stealth and i plan to only use this than roll joints

18. Hey guys I started wonderin, how do you hit your box in native style?
    Lip-wise, do you just hover over the draw hole, sip like tea with your lips partially touching, or do ya a plant em right on the box?

19. I stick my lips to it to create a vacuum. That way the only air that gets in mine is through the vent on the box. Makes the end of the box a bit greasy though, so I swab it with ISO and a cotton bud/qtip.