What happens when there's no Government to defend us against criminals?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Kylesa, Oct 31, 2010.

1. I find the title of this thread laughable.

I always have faith in my Glock or Walther. ;)

2. What about a police force run by a community as a whole. I dont really see how a private or government run police force would be any different. The government is out to protect the wealth while the private police force would be out to protect what you pay them to protect which would be your wealth.

The real problem is that we need a police force so much. Capitalism creates poverty which in turn creates a majority of crime.

3. Competition. There probably wouldn't be such a thing as "pigs", as abuse wouldn't go unpenalized.

In the past 25 years, 600,000,000 Chinese people have risen from poverty. In 1981 their poverty rate was 64%, it's under 10% today.

What. Is up. With that?

4. [​IMG]

5. But what would give a private company the right to police me? Would they ask for me to pay them before stopping someone from robbing me? Any police force is going to have abuse, it goes along with trying to assert your authority over another.

Dont try and tell me that china is capitalist, it is very much flirting with fascism.

6. Dont really see how saying my opinion on the subject is trolling....

Maybe I be so good at trolling I do it without trying :D

7. No, you're just intellectually dishonest, that's all.

8. They're more capitalist than we are... We also imprison more people than them. Yea, they're the fascists though.

9. Actually, it brings a lot of people out of poverty. You know what creates poverty? Scarcity, things aren't free. I'm not just talking money. Work must be done to produce things of value. Shit just doesn't grow on trees ROFL. Are you saying that people trading the fruits of their labor for the fruits of another's labor creates poverty? That's redonkulous bro :)

10. Elaborate

11. I never said we weren't fascist....

Putting a price on labour is what creates poverty. Why should a athlete get paid more than a janitor? Why do we have to put a price on everything instead of just helping someone out and giving them what they need to survive. Food fucking grows on trees I mean its not that fucking hard pick the berries and give them to other people who do something productive in society, if they dont then fuck em.

I really doubt that scarcity is the only thing that creates poverty. Weve got stores on every corner full of food yet there are still people starving all over the world.

12. You're ignoring the fact that we've never had true capitalism. Our markets have always been intervened in by Governments, yet, that doesn't stop you from decrying an economic system based around having little to no intervention in the market.

13. Scarcity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Are you claiming that we have unlimited food?

14. this is where the whole notion of free market anarchy falls apart to me. i don't see this as any more likely than the BS that communism is founded on. seems like both sides are puffin off the same pipe dream. are you seriously contending that the self organized people are not going to use coercion or become a coercive force. and if they do, who will remove them. the next coercive force?

15. http://forum.grasscity.com/politics/546694-competing-agencies-retaliatory-force.html

Are you saying that things are better with a monopoly on force?

16. There will still be law and there would still be 'police' (Although radically different in their function, and they will be private) in a market anarchist society.

17. Kylesa, I had a big and ridiculous argument with some kids at school about this. Can you help me describe to them, how an Anarchist nation could 'Police' its people, and it wouldnt be a heap of mess. I have the ideology in my head, but I just couldnt formulate it against three people telling me I was an idiot with a good heart.. Is there really a better way? Wouldnt private and competitive police forces turn rotten too? Would a libertarian/anarchist nation move forward with capital and technology as much as we would now?

I am new to the world of political ideology, as its just recently intrigued me, I NEED TO LEARN. Sorry if its a bit off tangent.

18. Check this thread that I linked to above. There is a lot of good info on this topic in there.

19. no, what im saying...and as i get older this is becoming more and more appearant....is that, when it comes to the sum total of human politics and society, it just doesn't make a fuck all bit of difference.......none of it.

coercion is coercion is coercion. it doesn't matter if it is centralized or independent.in a market society the 'police force' would only enforce the rules that were profitable to them. i can immediately think of situations where it would not be profitable to prevent one of your richer clients from fucking one of your poorer clients right out of home and wealth. in effect only the rich would have security protection...which is exactly what we have now...i guess at least then there wouldn't be the illusion of equal protection under the law....and for that matter what fucking laws would exist under a free market system...only the ones that you pay for, and remember it is voluntary exchange, so if i don't want to abide by the laws that you are paying for then fuck off you can't make me....not without coercion
    ........which brings us back to dough........

20. Unless there was competition... Did you read through the thread?

You seem to be assuming that there will be a monopoly. Here's some relevant reading material that is probably located somewhere in that thread:

http://mises.org/journals/rae/pdf/rae9_2_3.pdf

And I can immediately think of the entrepreneur who sees profit from protecting the little guy from coercion since they can sue the richer clients in court for boatloads of money...