Flushing before harvesting

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by raiders420, Sep 16, 2005.

1. should the plants be flushed, run a couple gallons of water through the soil, before harvesting? If so how long before harvest? or when should the last fertilizing and feeding session be?

When it is time to harvest, does it make a difference if the soil is moist or completely dry, and does it matter when the plant is cut down, should it be cut down in the middle of the light cycle or in the middle of the dark cycle?

2. Even though I have not grown anything, I have been reading alot lately. I read about 5 grow guides & 1 of them says you should flush until clear water comes out the bottom 1 week prior to harvesting. I also read that you shouldnt use ferts later than 2 weeks prior to harvest.

I am also curious about the soil.

As far as light cycles I have no idea. I read you should cure in light cycles (outside,etc...) so the plant releases more cloraphyll (I am not quite sure y this works?

Hope htat helped

3. well what i do is start to flush them about 10 days before harvest, deciding when to harvest is the bigger question...........need the old microscope for that............when i say flush i mean a good soak through till the water is nice and clear like 777 said............then put them back in the room, and wait..........it'll take the plants a while to use up that much water in the pots, maybe 6-9 days..........after that if they need water, give them some, like i said before though, this is all dependent on when it's getting harvested, if you decide to prolong it for a week or so, you'll need to keep watering them.....goes without saying i guess...lol

i try to cut them at the end of the light cycle, but it's another one of those.........which one is better.........so it's whatever time of the day suits you best........try to have the soil kinda moist, not wet or dry............that way the buds shouldn't have absorbed excess water from a recent watering.............cut the plant at the base, next to the soil............trim the big excess leaves, to help reduce chance of mold............and hang them upside down in a dark closet, at room temperture, opening the door about twice a day to help circulate the air, and thus help prevent mold, which is where a lot of people go wrong in the last stages, all that hard growing to fuck it up by getting lazy in the final stages.................good luck any more questions just ask...............hope that helps :wave: .........Peace out.........Sid

4. just cut your plant down in the middle of the day cycle. after you cut your plants down, any exposure of light to the buds starts to DESTROY thc. so, dry your buds in a dark, dry place. trim your buds in a very dim lit place, and cure your buds in a large jar under your bed for 4 weeks. voila!