Bongsauce's micro cabs and stuff. (help thread)

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Bongsauce, Oct 29, 2010.

1. #1181 DazedAndStoned, Oct 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2014
    Regardless with what lighting you go with, try to get 30-50W per square foot for veg, and 50+ for flower. The closer you get to 100W per foot, the better. The more light you can fit, the bigger the buds :)

What sort of space do you have to play with?

Sent from my Spaceship using the GrassCity App.

2. hi spartan dude :)

basically when I build a box I start with the size...then fill that with as much light as it needs...then from there you figure out ventilation based on watts.

If you put enough watts per square foot in there, it will grow some nice buds. Just don't short yourself on wattage....I think I said earlier there's a point with lighting where it turns from "wow these plants are growing great"..to .. "holy shit these plants are going crazy!"  ...that difference might just be one more bulb...or a few more watts per square foot.

best advice I can give anyone is to read,read,read.

3. Dazed and stoned, I'm not sure yet I am just researching as I'll move soon so nothing set in stone yet.

Bong sauce thanks that's great. I found a sweet diy can someone made with two separate rooms one for veg and one for flower he did it all under 300 so that's what I'm thinking.
    I feel quite sturdy on my knowledge for what I know I just need to understand the plant a bit deeper and learn more about the habitat I want for my girls and carbon filters

What time is it?
    Adventure Time! 😍🍁

Still transitioning out of lurking and into posting mode and just saw this.. Thanks! I'm nowhere near Loki's or your league yet, so it's crazy even to be mentioned here! It's inspiring to see and talk to people about build techniques in threads like these. I'll second that about growing your own... it's a great hobby for builders and tinkerers. I'd probably give up smoking it before growing it (at least in theory)  :p

5. Update time!! First of all I wanna apologize to to community for my thrash at loki....I forgot that the goal for all this is information for informations sake...that and I waa at work....no smoke...so I shall not be posting while sober...X)
    So I'm putting out 80watts from the led strips alone that are placed throughout the cab...I also added that led bulb that bongsauce loves...idk the wats on that so help with that?? And I added another led strip that puts out 25 watts....so I'm somewhere in the 100+watt area for the led flower room lights..and I've also transplanted my clones from their machine to soil...its been 1 week from this transition and their doing great! I'm doing a different soil on the one to the left....
    I also have a blower that you see their...but thinking about ditching the passive intake and adding another fan..temps are 73-76 with the doors closed...so its not bad...but I want it cooler....x).
    Also the gheto sun is a small panel I made while high one day...its basically the small flip door thing from your fridge with a dual socket drilled thru the middle...its verry handy in small spaces...I also have another cfl panel that I will added later on during veg for the new clones....
    Thank you...and again my sincere apologies.

BzerkO

Attached Files:

6. it's all good bazerko  ;)     there's actually alot of random dudes that like to pop in threads and give advice without realizing whats goin on....I can totally understand you thinkin Loki was one of those guys.

nice healthy looking growth man...looks like you got enough light in there to make em happy.

those bulbs I like are listed as 13.5w (the info is on the plastic dome if you still have it lol) ...they actually only pull 10w on the killowatt meter though.

7. btw...dry weights on those GDP under the mars2 was about 5 oz.  I was hoping for more...but I know there was a decent amount of root aphids so I'm not complaining. I think I need to increase airflow in there...maybe put a fan underneath. They're just drying way too slow which I think is causing some overwatering type issues. I only have to water them about every 4-5 days right now...that's just too long to go...they need to either suck up more nutes or dry out quicker.  Maybe I'll just stick a fan underneath for a the next few weeks to increase airflow...by that time they should be big enough that they'll be sucking up more nutes.

8. #1188 AlpacaBowl_, Nov 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2014
    Heres my ladies under my led and cfls on day 19 of flowering a couple days after supercropping the shit out of them. Seems to be recovering nicely... still flimsy stems. The colas coming from the plant on the right are juust starting to give off a sweet spicy thai smell. This is bagseed and I cant remember what sort of weed it came from, but a thai breed would be lovely. The smell and taste are in my top few.

And hey bongsauce make sure you post cured pics of that gdp!! :)

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

9. Jeez Im getting to that point in flowering where I cant wait to come home to see more trichs glistening and subtle aromas making their merry way to my nose. :D

• Like Like x 1
  10. Same here! I'm only 20 days or so from harvest at this point! The smell is terrific! 1415049786916.jpg

Peace & Love
    PyspherE

• Like Like x 1
  11. You lucky guys, I have 8 more weeks to gooooo :(

They look amazing by the way lol

Sent from my Spaceship using the GrassCity App.

12. looks awesome! Damn im on day 21 right now haha hoping its an 8 week strain. Thinking maybe a little longer though boh bagseed have some sativa lookin leaves. Im wondering if I actually got 2 of the same bagseed by accident.. I know 4-5 seeds were from the same bag out of 8... and I planted 4. Hmmmm.

13. Once your into flower I find the weeks go by pretty fast early on and then by the end it drags on lol!

Peace & Love
    PyspherE

• Like Like x 1
  14. damn alpaca and pysphere those canopys look awesome...gonna be good runs for sure.

I've been havin computer issues for a few days so sorry if I miss any stuffs....but I got wayyy to many notifications to check up on.

15. Okay, I've got to figure out how to mount 4 55w cfls at the top of this micro cab. I've got them(2) hanging from a work light fixture. But I'd like to mount 4 at the top coming in from the sides, 2 on each side. I'll have to use splitters and slightly stagger them to get them to fit. But it will maximize my headroom in my little cab. 24" tall x 14" wide x 12" deep. Can anyone else see what I'm envisioning? Any ideas?

Attached Files:

16. What about he round wall mounting light sockets? Make a little reflector to go over them and wire it up. Know what im talking about?

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1335301-Stanky's-perpetual-garden

17. yeh dude just cut an extension cord and wire it up....if using a 2 prong cord then the polarity shouldn't even matter.  I just wired some up the other day.

You can get the sockets/cleats at any hardware store for about 2-3$ each. ...also right now you can find timers and extension cords supercheap with the xmas light stuff ;)

Keep in mind that if you put a 'Y' adapter on each side they might each screw in at a weird angle..if ya know what I mean. So just screw the Y in first, then attach the socket to the wall so it's lined up right, gnome sayin'?

18. #1200 DeepfriedNugs, Nov 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2014
    You da man Sauce. Sounds simple.

In other news, I found a 16.5v hobby transformer in one of our sheds. Wired a .30a PC fan up to it and violá! Instant fan power..

uploadfromtaptalk1415161441347.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1415161441347.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1415161441347.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1415161441347.jpg

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

Attached Files: