Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Pothead Vs. Stoner

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by PassTheDutch, Sep 15, 2005.

1. hey i was just thinkin about something...what do u guys think are the differences between a pothead and a stoner? i have my own opinion, but i wanna see what other people have to say before i give my input.

• Like Like x 1
  2. I think that pothead sounds a lot more negative and "bummish" compared to stoner.

I don't like being called a pothead. It feels demeaning to me.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. being called a pothead feels akin to being called a nigger, spic, or any other racial slur. Its almost always said with an obvious hint of disdain.

"Look at that pothead"

Stoner just sounds more friendly for some reason.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. In my opinion, a stoner is someone who smokes weed pretty much whenever its offered, but doesn't go out of their way to get high or to obtain a sack.

A pothead (unfortunetely like me) is someone that is always searching for a bag and invests a lot of time and money into Weed.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. when i think of those words, i think they mean the same exact thing, which is simply, smoking pot on a daily, or weekly basis

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Yeah I prefer stoner over pothead, if someone says your a pothead it kinda seems like they are trying to knock ya', but when people say stoner it just kinda seems like they are acknowledging the fact that you smoke but aren't putting you down for it. I someone asked me I would would probably refer to myself as a stoner. I never go out of my way to get a bag but will smoke whenever it around or I can just call someone up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. my opinion is that ther pretty much the same, its just the mentality thats different...like for example stoner mentality is like thinkin u can make a bong out of nething...or u always find smokin references in everything. ike said above me, a pothead is constantly searching, more about the high opposed to the nug. whereas a stoner is about the nug and the high. i dunno if this makes sense...and excuse my grammar cuz im high as fuck.

8. In my opinion: A stoner is a smoker, yet responsible about it. They don't put marijuana in the way of other things like friends, school, etc. A pothead on the otherhand is more about getting high. For example, if a friend asked a pothead to hang out (not smoke) and made plans in advance and then the pothead is later asked to go smoke, the pothead would probably go smoke.

I would consider myself a stoner but about a year ago I might have been called a pothead:(

9. perfect example....a+

10. yeahh, id MUCH rather be called a stoner. pothead, is just, degrading i guess. stoner is...? better?

11. First off i would like to state that you shouldnt care to what ppl call you whether it be pothead stoner or any other "demeaning" names b/c you are what you are and what they think shouldnt matter to you. BUT I think a pothead is just a guy who smokes pot ya know he just smokes for the high but a stoner smokes to get stoned they dont smoke unless they are getting stoned and they typically get mad when they smoke and dont get stoned thinking things such as they hate this weed its gay and they got ripped off and I like to relate potheads to hippie's a lot.

12. IMHO, a stoner a person who get's stoned.

A pothead, on the other hand, is someone who has a problem with the substance.

13. Stoner sounds alot more friendler that pothead, probably becasue of the phrase crackhead. Noone likes a crackhead so why should they like a pothead? I really dont care what they call me as long as it's not meant as hate and is respectfull.

14. To me, being called a stoner is like being called a biker, surfer, programmer, or any other XYZer. It's just a stating that I smoke for a hobby/enjoyment.

Being called a pothead is like being called a dickhead, in my opinion. I mean if someone says it in a non-threatening manner I don't get bothered by it or anything, but whenever someone says pothead they usually say it with the same distain that they would say something bad about someone.

15. Pothead always felt kinda like being made fun of, i like stoner :smoke:.... course i probally am a pothead :) *takes another hit*

16. I'm a baker. i get baked ;)

17. i also would much rather be called a stoner than a pothead........cuz i go through with plans when i make them and it deosnt bother me with school and friends....but i dont smoke unless i get majorly baked .........yeeeaaaa im flyin right now:smoke:

18. Around where I am at, the two terms only hold slightly different meanings. Personally, I would much rather be called a pothead than a stoner. When you say stoner, you emphasis the stoned part, and to most people, such a word can seem slow, stupid and generally weepin' (word of the day). But when someone says pothead to me, my mind brings out all the happy memories of people sitting in circles around a hookah, and all the good conversations and topics I would never have thought to discuss with my friends, and I think of the days I spent at the park in the sun getting high and not just stoned.

19. I think if you're an xyz-head, it means you are addicted/feinding, or just a different person because of xyz. Stoner is more of a hippy, friendly weed tokin person, who actually does stuff with their life.

20. +rep cause I almost cried I laughed so hard. You should buy a bakery so then you really are a baker and you could tell people "Im a baker, I work in a bakery, I bake things...like myself." it would be great lmao.