Just wondering, How much does it cost to grow a pound of marijuana with clones?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by OODA, Oct 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. If I was doing it home, indoor or out whatevers cheaper. And how long does it take to yeild a harvest or whatever??

2. outdoor isnt as easy as planting and watching, you have to be secure with your area and such as smell becomes an issue, an outdoor plant would yield a pound in like 4-5 months.

maybe less.

but if you did an indoor 1000w hps with like 10-15 clones that veg for like a month maybe less, and sea of green them.

outdoor is cheap as hell

indoor is expensive as shit

3. wouldnt have a clue but try the growing section they would be able to help you out

4. Theres no grow section on this forum:confused:

Your question is too vague, how many plants? what nutes? what lights? all other supplies?
    All of these things factor into something called "cost" which would answer your question

5. I dont know, whatever is cheapest. I was hoping you would tell me how many plants I would need haha!

Also to the other poster are you saying that if I grow indoors I can grow a pound in a month?

6. Have you even tried growing just ONE plant yet?

7. Not at all, flowering alone takes ~8(very very min) to 12 weeks

8. No but if I am going to start it is going to be a pound, so how much do you think it would cost?

9. Have you ever actually grown?
    HPS lights don't use THAT much power...at least not enough power to massively spike ones electricity bill. Sure if you have a room FULL of those lights but not just ONE 600 or 1000w, don't get me wrong it's not as though you wouldn't see a difference but it's insignificant compared to the cost and effort and time lost associated with chasing weed.

10. 350-500 if you go cheap....and thats a rough estimate since im not going to go price different shit all over the internet

and since you haven't actually grown anything, id say plant as many as possible since you'll probably lose a good majority of them

11. they sell clones for 12 $ how many should I buy?

12. I'd recommend investing some thought/cashflow into learning how to MAKE clones.

13. Seriously man, there's THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of posts on this site. Read something. Take all this time you spend making post asking questions and just read a fucking how to guide. Then come back and ask some questions

14. Costs about a thousand bucks man.

15. this i guess is in the eye of the beholder but to say that hps dont use that much power is kinda flawed. 46 cents a kilowatt in nor cali.... average medical grow is 4000 watts.. average power bill is just under a 1000 a month in bloom, 1500ish in veg. so your looking at 3-4k to get your first medical run done.

16. Its called sarcasm....seeing as how the thread was moved into the Growing section

17. I live in So Cal Riverside, Your telling me it cots 3000 to grow a pound?
    Thats impossible

18. Man I'd focus on bigger plants not sog. Get 2000w of light and do 6 bubble buckets. Give em the lucas formula. Grow something like critical mass, or white widow, or chronic, or big bud or something that's known to yield really heavy. Set up another area where you can have 24 hour light and keep mother plants and a cloner in there w/ some room to veg.

You gotta think not just about how much to get a pound, you gotta think about how often you can harvest. If you have plants in various stages of life ready to be flowered you could harvest like 3 of those 6 bubble buckets like every 4 week or something, which might not be a pound, but you'd have more coming back out of the next 3 buckets 4 weeks later.

My 400W light costs about $35-30 a month to run, plus I got about 4 fans. If you run 2000w your fans will be pulling energy too. You may need to look into installing some breakers and shit. You're gonna need alot of ventilation to be growing pounds.

19. Thats what I want to hear ^

some posts with some objectivity, thanks for the advice bro
    !!!!
    but what is the cost for all that? to set up and monthly? and how much will that yeild? I will probably set up in an apartment somewhere with rent around 800, How many pounds do I need to grow to be cost efficient? How can I sell to dispensaries? How much does one sell a pound of white widow to a dispensary for in or around Riverside California?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.