Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

No Heat CannaOil; Best Oil I've Ever Made

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by CannaBuddy8, Oct 27, 2010.

1. I'm trying this with a pint of olive oil and tylenol bottle's worth of ABV. Thinking this is going to be really strong, seeing how much ABV is suspended in the pint jar with the oil. 2 weeks to go...

2. Without heating it up, just the ground up bud and oil in a jar, what should the oil smell like? I've had mine in there for 2 days and it has kindve a fishy smell. I ground up my bud really fine and put in some vegetable oil(brand new) in a mason jar and gave it an airtight seal. I opened it up today to mix it up a bit and i smelled it to see what it smelled like. It smelled a bit fishy. Is this normal? What should I do ;n;

3. You should just leave it alone and not worry about it smelling wrong. Why open to mix it when you can just shake the jar?

I forgot about this thread.  So I made oil and let it sit for 2 weeks then strained out the ABV real well. I used it to make Duncan Hines brownies, I think they they call for 1/3 cup, maybe 1/4. Baked in a 9x9 pan, 2 brownies were really strong. Like an all day body high strong.  Good stuff. I also tried drinking the oil on its own. Gross tasting but just as effective. I think next time I do this I won't strain out the ABV. Its already so saturated with oil that It will likely break down further during the cooking/mixing process. Next time I'll also powder the ABV before it goes into the oil. I'm thinking this will add to the strength. No odd taste in the brownies, BTW.

5. What temperature did you hear the brownies at? I'm doing basically the exact same method, about 7g's in a pint of oil.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

I followed the directions on the back of the box.

7. And no smell from baking the brownies?
    Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. How much oil would you say a gram makes?

9. This is an old thread but the “no heat” caught my eye as I don’t see too many folks doing that. I’ve been absolutely in love with non alcoholic tinctures and it literally was my saving grace when I was withdrawing off pharmaceuticals. I came across a guide on pintrist about letting decarbonated bud sit in a jar of olive oil for two months in indirect sunlight. I was skeptical about the sunlight thing as I like to make fermented and canned foods which is kept out of light! But OP and others now mention heat and agitation of the product.

I decarbed half an oz of trim and filled a half gallon mason jar with olive oil. It’s almost two months and it smells just like a tincture! I hope it comes out well. Maybe it’s my laziness but something about letting it sit is so rewarding, maybe it’s the time and anticipation!

10. It depends on what you want out of it. The amount of oil used really doesn't matter past just enough to wet the cannabis. Mud is all you need. 1 gram of Decarbed Powdered cannabis will only need a 1/2 a teaspoon of oil to wet. Maybe less. I do 5 grams of Hash to 1 tablespoon of oil.

[​IMG]

This is done hot but cold fusion will work too. Once the Cannabis is decarbed just eating the decarbed weed will stone you. Adding oil just boosts it's bioavailability. As does adding lecithin kicking up even more.

Hallucinating Hash Capsules for Hemp Heads

Run the HHCHH recipe cold and see what it does. I'll run off a small batch when I make the upcoming set of caps and test how well it does cold.

Cold = over 76 degs as I'll use coconut oil and it's solid below 76. Shall we say below what is comfortable to hold in the bare palm. The Hash sludge needs to be at least that warm to flow in an eyedropper.
    Skin comfortable = 100-110 F

BNW