Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

No Heat CannaOil; Best Oil I've Ever Made

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by CannaBuddy8, Oct 27, 2010.

1. This method would probably work much better with ABV weed

2. What if the oil absorbs the thc and is decarbed while cooking? Seems plausable.

3. [quote name='"rolljib"']This method would probably work much better with ABV weed[/quote]

Exactly what I was thinking. I'll probably try this with abv eventually.

4. it takes many hours (at safe temperatures) to decarb your material when it is already in the oil. This is because the oil kind of protects the THC from heat.
    when said oil is already in your brownies/cookies/... it will only be heated for about 30 mins-1h30. This is too short for a decent decarb to happen.

And for those saying this works will with ABV: it does, but it works even better with decarbed herb (more cannabinoids)

5. does the oil stink the oven when u use it in brownies

6. So what if (let's say you don't give any fucks about smell) you soaked it for about two or three weeks using this method, and then went on to cook it on the stove or oven like regular CannaOil? That seems like it would really be great. And does decarboxylization really make that much of a difference?

7. [quote name='"Ganganinja8558"']So what if (let's say you don't give any fucks about smell) you soaked it for about two or three weeks using this method, and then went on to cook it on the stove or oven like regular CannaOil? That seems like it would really be great. And does decarboxylization really make that much of a difference?[/quote]

It would be best to apply heat and then let it continue to soak after that application. That is the best method i know of, nobody ever wants to wait and it does not make a significant difference.

And yes decarbing is one of the most important steps imo. I have seen drastic changes and almost double the yields when comparing if it was decarbed or not

8. Ok, well then I should be getting an ounce or so of some low grade mids. I will decarb it, cook it, use some of it, then soak the rest until the brownies I make with it are gone. Then use that and see how much of a difference it makes. I will post the results on here in a couple weeks!:hello::smoke:

9. How exactly do you decarb? What temperatures have worked best for you? Is it best to use big convection oven or small toaster oven? And does decarbing stink?

10. This is interesting.

11. WIth all of my trials at different temps, i found 220 to be best. i have tried temps between 195ish to upper 230's and that middle range seems to best at 215-220. I usually put it in the oven fat 220 for 15 to 20 mins, depending on how dry your herb is to begin with.

I put it in a glass pyrex and cover it with with tin foil around the whole dish, usually two layers to be safe. This will eliminate any smell as well. But be careful when opening it after, it will fill your house with a dank aroma. I usually let it sit for 5 to ten minutes so it will cool down.

Add your oil after this and youre good to go.

12. Thanks so much dude, I'm gonna do this next time I make cannanutbutter

13. #54 kaisersmokey, Oct 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2012
    I'm 3 weeks into a soak. Using mild tasting olive oil (Bertolli brand) and a mix of ABV mids and local strains (nice mellow hits but nothing crazy). Olive oil was extremely light and is now a nice brown. Will try it tonight, hopefully it'll rock :)

Specifics: 250ml Bertolli Olive Oil (Mild)
    Local Weed: 6g
    Mids: 1g

14. I have a jar of this a friend made for me as I can't smoke anymore, I actually wasn't sure how he made it so it's good to read this thread. I've always been cautious with edibles as I've had some super high, super long experiences, never bad just intense.

I keep the oil in an airtight container and I've been trying to make it last as I have no other hook up anymore. I think it's less potent now and after reading this thread I think I should up my dosage even though it will deplete my precious supply. :)

Sometimes I mix it with Nutella and sometimes just endure it straight with a fizzy drink chaser. Straight oil is not tasty but is quick.

15. Hi I also have a question
    I would like to try edibles however my parents live with me so I can't make heated edibles. Please don't say this won't work if you haven't had an experience of making it. I would like to hear peoples experiences, my plan is to grind cannabis and mix it with olive oil, let it soak together for just over 1 month and then put them in pill capsuels and swallow them all. I will be using 0.7 grams of dank. This is my first time with edibles and I only smoke once a week or so.

16. Hi I also have a question
    I would like to try edibles however my parents live with me so I can't make heated edibles. Please don't say this won't work if you haven't had an experience of making it. I would like to hear peoples experiences, my plan is to grind cannabis and mix it with olive oil, let it soak together for just over 1 month and then put them in pill capsuels and swallow them all. I will be using 0.7 grams of dank. This is my first time with edibles and I only smoke once a week or so. Will this work? And experiences appreciated!

17. So I was wondering that if I were to put my bud in the microwave for a good five min on high before I put it in the oil would that help the potency? And also if after the two weeks Iput the oil in for a few minuets would that make it better as well?

18. Do Not put weed in microwave. There are reports of folks who have done it for 15-30 seconds. Five minutes would vaporize all or most of the cannabinoids.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

19. For my to use that the cannabis has no smell when cook in oil. To use decarbing is to make smell. Cooking into oil then mixing oil with my dinner