Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

14w LED

• Please log in to reply

Guest_yoctown_*

Guest_yoctown_*
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In
Well reguardless of the bad reviews I figured I would see what these lights are about. People said its really only good enough to get clones to root which is fine if thats the only use I get out of it it was still worth buying. Anyways this panel looks brighter then I expected by the reviews that everyone has given these 14w panels. Anyways my question is: is 630nm red better then 660nm?
I'm using it at the moment to supplement my vegging plants (only got 4 4 ft tubes on them and im only supplementing a very small area). Also would this benifit more then adding a 23w cfl? The light I ordered is below.

Edit: I don't expect this light to do what is advertised but at least more then a 23w cfl for supplemental lighting and yes i know it has to be close.

1 - 14w Xen-lux LED panel
120v 5' power cord

Specifications: Number of panels: 1
LEDs per panel: 225
Total LEDs: 225
Color: Red/blue mix
Power per panel: 14w
Panel size: 12.25" x 12.25"
Panel height: 1.5"
Frame: Composite
Red wavelength: 630 nm
Blue wavelength: 455 nm
Blended wave: 652 nm
Rec. coverage: 4 sq. ft.
Max. coverage: 65 sq. ft.
Use: Indoor growing
Shipping weight: 4 lbs.

Edited by yoctown, 26 October 2010 - 05:06 PM.