EZ Clone experiences...and breakthrough...

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Poindexterous, Oct 21, 2010.

1. Tap water in Detroit suburbs is 106ppm all day... when I lived in CO the tap water is 70ppm!! :)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

2. #82 PurpleUrksme, Dec 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2013
    Hey guys is anyone familiar with this product and/or do you think it would work as a substitute . This is what i got...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009S85M8A/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Ultima 40542 T.K.O. Chlorinating Shock Treatment for Swimming Pools, 1-Pound

This is the recommended one:

http://www.amazon.com/Arch-Chemical-51109-Shock-1-Pound/dp/B000JWCB06/ref=sr_1_7?s=lawn-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1385870169&sr=1-7&keywords=pool+shock+HTH
    It seems the only difference in the advertising is one says it has 65% and the one i got has 73% Calcium Hypochlorite. Also the recommended one advertises a minimum of 65% available chlorine.

Would anyone care to advise me as to how i should prepare this?

3. I use a 120 plug clone machine too.  I have great water in my town but it has a little bit of chlorine in it.  Is it ok to use without letting the chlorine evaporate for a day first?  I think it will be fine,  I will see in a couple weeks since they are already in there.

4. Why on earth didn't he post this in the beginners section?

5. I am in the middle of building my own EZ cloner design with a separate reservoir that holds the water and pump, finters into a grid in a 2' x 4' size watering tray. The cloner tank drains back into the holding tank, and the water gets filtered, in and out. I clean and change the filters daily, and the separate reservoir (5 gallon bucket with lid, and threaded pvc makes it easy to switch the water when it does get dirty. This negates the whole worry about hurrying to change the water. since you can have one ready the second you disconnect the other. you dont even have to stop the pump if you do it right. I do the whole system enclosed and sealed as needed, making it a sort of closed loop cloner and helps prevent all the monotonous scrubbing.