New to GC? Start here.

Discussion in 'General' started by passage2bangkok, Oct 21, 2010.

1. No, it's not a big deal if you don't thank the people who rep you. Hopefully if someone gave you rep, it's because he or she agreed with what you posted, not because he or she wants a pat on the back for repping you. With that said, I always try to take a few seconds to leave someone a visitor message, because I know I like getting them from people when I rep them.

Just trying to teach the kids their manners, you know.... ;)

2. This has always boggled my mind, but seeing as everyone loves the search function so much I assumed it was my internet/my stupidity.

If you're searching for something and nothing comes up (well nothing relevant anyway), go to "Advanced search" and select "Search Titles Only".

I dunno, maybe it's just me but whenever I type something directly into the search thingy, nothing relevant comes up. I assume someone somewhere in some thread made a vague reference to the word I searched for, and that's the thread that comes up. So yeah, Advanced Search.

3. :hello: :hello: :hello: :hello:

I'm one of those people that hates it when people don't say thank you. I say thank you to everyone! Even when I get neg repped. It's polite and you make new friends like that :) so stop being a bunch of lazies! :hello:

4. I honestly hardly ever say thank you. I dont think im being rude, but I do infact remember the username so i could give him/her a nice green +rep if they say something funny/ cool in the near future.

I do appreciate every person who reps me though, dont get me wrong.

5. Just edited the OP with a few more tidbits...namely expanding the section on searching to include the suggestions I've received so far, and adding the "formatting your posts" and "who's in charge here?" sections. The more stuff I add, the more I think of that still needs to be added! :eek:

6. hahaha i had this moment about this time last year.

7. Interesting thread for starters OP.

(For the lulz)
    [​IMG]

8. Now we're talking! I knew I couldn't be the only one who still had a sense of decency and respect.... :p :laughing:

9. Edited to add the "User CP is your friend" section...more updates to come!

10. Bump...hopefully some newbies will check this thread out and learn a thing or two about GC! :D