Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

how much THC is in stems?

• Please log in to reply

geetardude

geetardude

Buzzed Guitarist

• Old School
  • 2,928 posts
Hey,

A co-worker of mine is absolutely convinced that everyone should save the stems and smoke them for when they're dry. Apparently they get you fucked up and are way better than resin. :rolleyes: He claims when you smoke them that only the THC gets evaporated into the pipe and into your lungs so its "100% THC". Silliest thing I've ever heard if ya ask me, I argued w/ him over this for a good 25 minutes, then I just gave up on him. I've always had the impression that there's like 0.02% THC in stems, much like hemp. Perhaps it is much higher? I don't know, but I'm not about to go smoke stems, fuck that. Peace.

-Timmy

Ars moriendi

Ars moriendi

Hermione's Slave

• Registered Upgraded
  • 5,725 posts
Depending on the strain breed grower experience/skill an all that you can get some pretty thc laden stems.

Aside from that the most you'll get is maybe half a vapor bag full with a huge bowl packed full of stems all straight up an down. It'll taste pretty bland but it gets you high.

As for it being 100%...no it's smoke just like any other. You're actually smoking what would be the plants veins thus its the white sponge like stuff that filters nutes into its system covered by a greener harder shell and a fine layer of thc near the bud sites.

It's really just the female plants seed pod protection system over extending itself to branches. THC is a great UV blocker (thc sunblock anyone?) its water proof and it really doesn't allow for any bald spots on the seed pods no matter what nature does to it.

So you're getting stoned off a weeds reproductive byproduct.. lol

Smoking Buddah

Smoking Buddah

• Registered Upgraded
  • 509 posts
shit, i just did it, but i dont think it's totally the stems themselfs that get you high... i think it's from the tiny bits of bud all over the ends. ya'll know what i'm talkin about... that shit that stays in the corners where another stem is comin out?

i'm sure the stems don't have much THC at all alone, but with the residue and buddage stuck on it, it makes it totally worth the smoke in times of need.........

RuffRat

RuffRat

Have A Toke On Me.

• Old School
  • 2,265 posts
steams are a last reort... like really last, last ofter leaves.

Buzz

Buzz

Hmmmmm

• Old School
  • 691 posts

It's really just the female plants seed pod protection system over extending itself to branches. THC is a great UV blocker (thc sunblock anyone?) its water proof and it really doesn't allow for any bald spots on the seed pods no matter what nature does to it.
lol

wonder what the spf a thc sunscreen would be?...great for an mj byproduct!

never smoked many stems....i used to grind some into the blend if they came w/tha bag, but fortunately, i've been hooked into the tasty bud for while. :D

PorkSoda

PorkSoda

• Registered Upgraded
  • 625 posts
perhaps you can cook with them

Ars moriendi

Ars moriendi

Hermione's Slave

• Registered Upgraded
  • 5,725 posts

wonder what the spf a thc sunscreen would be?...great for an mj byproduct!

never smoked many stems....i used to grind some into the blend if they came w/tha bag, but fortunately, i've been hooked into the tasty bud for while. :D

heh no clue but I didn't burn after getting it all over the place handling water cured stuff.

It was in all the typical spots on the fingers an I tried to make finger hash by holding the tips of my fingers over a 380 degree heatgun..got all melty a sweaty an I rubbed 'em all together.

I got so many compliments on the softness an nice smell all day..! Everyone loves the smell of fresh green... :D

m0ric

m0ric

m0ric

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
I've always wanted to take the stems and juice them and add the juice to dried leaves to make a weed dip.:smoke:

bhoward3

bhoward3

• Registered Upgraded
  • 562 posts
the only stems i ever smoke is off of dank and thats just bc im too lazy to cut em off

hoast

hoast

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 4,699 posts
basically if theirs crystals on the stem, smoke it :P

overgrowray

overgrowray

Thread Killa

• Old School
  • 7,561 posts
Sometimes i'll chop up the stems and use the powder to clean out my bowl. It works really well when the resin is wet.

HoboSexual

HoboSexual

Registered Marijuana User

• Registered Upgraded
  • 502 posts
eh yeah i usually have a bunch of stems lying around and if i really need to smoke but im out of bud then ill smoke a bowl of stems, it gets me kinda high i guess. theres some thc in them definatley but not enought to get you really high

hotsauc3

hotsauc3

Dr.GreenThumb '6o4'

• Old School
  • 1,583 posts
Yep, when I've only got a joint left I call up my dealer, chop up my stems, and mix some phat bowls till I can pickup again. Hell, even scrape up some resin to throw in there and you'll get mega ripped. As that 70's guy said, weed is like the pig of the plant world, you can use everything.

anticon

anticon

• Registered Upgraded
  • 138 posts
i usually only use the stems from my kb since they are usually real small.

poosk

poosk

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
fuck smoking stems, save em all and make hash oil

Mr.bubbles

Mr.bubbles

louie armstrong

• Old School
  • 3,930 posts
ok i had about 25 to 35 good size stems i only save big ones and i smoke them all in on enihgt when i was dry and all i could see were little crystals on mine it was like smoke 2 grams just alot more effort

cowofsteel

cowofsteel

Local

• Registered Upgraded
  • 3,028 posts
I just made some canabutter out of a half pint jar full of stems (extremely full) and it worked great.... I had a vice to get all the butter of the stems, but you can get one of those cheap and it works pretty well compared to smoking stems, and it only took two small brownies to get me pretty high

HoboSexual

HoboSexual

Registered Marijuana User

• Registered Upgraded
  • 502 posts

I just made some canabutter out of a half pint jar full of stems (extremely full) and it worked great.... I had a vice to get all the butter of the stems, but you can get one of those cheap and it works pretty well compared to smoking stems, and it only took two small brownies to get me pretty high

yea i think ill do that from now on. i just smoked 4 bowls of stems. not very high at all right now. my mom walked in and said it smelled like matches

cowofsteel

cowofsteel

Local

• Registered Upgraded
  • 3,028 posts
just be sure to put like a cup extra water in when your boiling the butter down, because I think it takes longer the THC to get out of the stems, and I had to readd water twice

Ars moriendi

Ars moriendi

Hermione's Slave

• Registered Upgraded
  • 5,725 posts
^ Theres no THC in the stem not even many resins or cbn oils...

What the stems are made up of are as I said before the sponge like material that moves the plants food around the outer husk or 'bark' if you'd call it that is just tough fiber that is fulla something similar to bug repellant in nature. It dissuades all sorts of bugs from nibbling at the leaves/branches growing seeds/ect

Above that you end up with that fine dusting of thc sometimes extending way past the bud itself which is what you want.

Boiling it harder or longer is probably just netting you a bit more tart to the finishing product not actives

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users