Welcome to Grasscity Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

organic cloning

• Please log in to reply

IMO

IMO

• Registered Upgraded
  • 276 posts
anyone wanna share a successful method they have employed? getting started on my mother room, going to be taking clones in a bit and id like to weigh my options. ive done both simple soil and hydro cloning.

whats your organic method and how effective is it?

thanks for your input

Similar Topics: organic cloning     x

IMO

IMO

• Registered Upgraded
  • 276 posts
come on 30 views and no replies? no one wanna share? there has to be other folks out there doing perpetual organics...

p_snickers

p_snickers

• Registered Upgraded
  • 856 posts

anyone wanna share a successful method they have employed? getting started on my mother room, going to be taking clones in a bit and id like to weigh my options. ive done both simple soil and hydro cloning.

whats your organic method and how effective is it?

thanks for your input

so far I have just been cutting and placing into peat pucks, keep humid and warm. I see roots in 8-12 days or so. has rooted 6/7 clones so far

no cloning gel, powder...nothing but water and media

Posted Image

just like that

jakrustle

jakrustle

Desert Grower

• Registered Upgraded
  • 824 posts
Like p_snick says, I have read time and ago to forgo all the gels, powders, cloning machines, etc, and put them in a well aerated, good, potting soil, peat cubes, etc. Give them some light and the moisture and I have been hearing more and more success stories. This is from the giants of the organic GC grow arena.

Don't let the hype make you spend a lot of money on all the institutional methods advertised by the hydro companies. Give p_snicks idea a try.

JaK

LumperDawgz

LumperDawgz

• Users Awaiting Validation
  • 1,559 posts
75% organic EWC, 25% organic Sphagnum peat moss and wetted down with a kelp meal tea (or soluble seaweed extract).

12 - 14 days = massive roots in a Solo 18 oz. cup.

LD

p_snickers

p_snickers

• Registered Upgraded
  • 856 posts

75% organic EWC, 25% organic Sphagnum peat moss and wetted down with a kelp meal tea (or soluble seaweed extract).

12 - 14 days = massive roots in a Solo 18 oz. cup.

LD

no vermiculite? or some other aeration amendment? I'll have to try that next time...running out of peat pucks

Do you add any myco to this mixture? or do you wait to inoculate the roots at transplant?

LumperDawgz

LumperDawgz

• Users Awaiting Validation
  • 1,559 posts

no vermiculite? or some other aeration amendment? I'll have to try that next time...running out of peat pucks

Do you add any myco to this mixture? or do you wait to inoculate the roots at transplant?

p_snickers

Since the OP asked about 'organic' I didn't list the gel that I've use for inoculating the potential root zone with endomycorrhizal fungi. It's a carboxymethyl cellulose based product that when mixed with water is very thick and viscous.

I add the endomycorrhizal strains into the gel along with humic/fulvic acid, soluble seaweed extract with liquid silica treated water as the base of the gel. The cellulose product comes as a dry powder so the water that you add to activate it can contain the kelp meal tea, humic and fulvic acids as well as the liquid silica.

100% guaranteed results - consistently. Always. Ever. Never fails.

HTH

LD

p_snickers

p_snickers

• Registered Upgraded
  • 856 posts
and just to be absolutely clear...

Cloning is easy as pie

the trick is picking out good branches to clone...something i'm still working on myself

p_snickers

p_snickers

• Registered Upgraded
  • 856 posts

p_snickers

Since the OP asked about 'organic' I didn't list the gel that I've use for inoculating the potential root zone with endomycorrhizal fungi. It's a carboxymethyl cellulose based product that when mixed with water is very thick and viscous.

I add the endomycorrhizal strains into the gel along with humic/fulvic acid, soluble seaweed extract with liquid silica treated water as the base of the gel. The cellulose product comes as a dry powder so the water that you add to activate it can contain the kelp meal tea, humic and fulvic acids as well as the liquid silica.

100% guaranteed results - consistently. Always. Ever. Never fails.

HTH

LD

I'm gonna assume that you dip the cutting in this mixture, rather than using a syringe?

BadKittySmiles

BadKittySmiles

Compassion Support BadKatsCannaPharm.com

• Bronze Member
  • 6,586 posts

gypsygrower

gypsygrower

Seasoned Veteran

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Organic Honey works quite well as a rooting compound for clones.

And also, If using peat pods, soak the medium in a 1/4 strength nutrient compound before cloning.

Happy Growing :)

Edited by gypsygrower, 23 October 2010 - 03:41 PM.

Fresh Jive

Fresh Jive

You can Grow your Own Way

• Registered Upgraded
  • 383 posts
I am all about my Aero Cloner.

Basically a Home Made EZ-Cloner.

Just spraying water and 100% success rate :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users