Ask a lesbian anything

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Annicus, Oct 18, 2010.

1. I take 3 - 6 pills a day and eat infused chocolate. It's calmed them down a lot, if I miss doses I get fucked up fast. If I can take two hits when I'm feeling seizury it can calm me down

2. Hi, I am extremely new to this thread so please forgive me if this has been suggested before, My Mother-in-Law suffers from extreme epilepsy, so bad she is unable to be alone in the house for 5 mins as not only does she suffer violent multiple seizure's ALL the time to the point where even if we isolate her and move anything in the way she brakes her bones regularly!, she also suffers absent seizures where she cooks and sets fire to the kitchen and just stands there!. But after 40+ yes of it she has figured out foods such as :
    Tomatoes, anything tomato based
    Oranges
    Milk and Dark Chocolate can cause her a seizure within minutes . There is a very long list but what I am asking is although your epilepsy was caused by injury have you ever tried keeping what she calls a seizure diary in which you document everything you have eaten for theday and how many seizure's you have had for the day for say a period of a month to see if there are any common denominator's that may actually be helping to trigger your seizure's?.Other triggers for her are reading to much or someone talking non stop a lot. Another thing that we do for her is when she's having a bad seizure we know to slip 5-10mgs of Valium under her tounge and it helps her body to stop fighting the urge to seize, that and a very very sweet cup of hot tea straight afterwards helps her recover a lot faster.

( My MIL wasn't born with epilepsy either, hers was caused by misguided medical neglect. When she was 11 she had a main blood vessel in her brain burst and the doctors told her family adamantly that she wouldn't survive it so they didn't even take her to the hospital even though they were certain she was in extreme pain they thought it was better to allow her to slip into a coma and die at home until 48hrs later when they realized she might live by that time the damage was done.) Please tell me to mind my own business if you feel I'm stepping over the line but for someone who has watched this and looked after a sufferer you just want to help in any way.

Sorry for the long life story but its hard to suggest thing if ppl don't know that your a sufferer or carer yourself!

3. #1883 Annicus, Sep 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2014
    Yes I keep a seizure diary, not only on my phone but in an actual notebook as well. I've noticed white bread, white flour and products with a lot of a gluten seem to set to me off, products with a lot of nitrates ( hotdogs, lunch meat, pepperoni, jerky etc) and too much refined sugar sets me off, that's it for food.

Other things that set me off
    Stress
    Lack of sleep
    Being sick
    Pain
    Too much exercise
    Excessive heat
    Excessive cold
    I have ptsd and sometimes the nightmares and panic attack set me off.

As far as knowing why I have epilepsy, nobody can find the exact reason. My neurologist thinks it's a combination of my injury, my numerous injuries throughout my rough childhood,my drug use, my inability to give myself a break, my alcoholism from 2011-2013, my other stuff use in that same time period, my stressful crap job that I took way too seriously, and my abuse on my body.

For example: For two years, I would load myself up on caffeine, ginseng, Yerba matte, and other stimulants, then I'd ride 6 miles to work, work an extremely physical job, go out and drink by myself or with people then by myself, then I'd go home, smoke a shit ton of weed, take more medicine I didn't need, then pass out. In all ways you slice it, I see it as my injury that caused it. The damage was done by the hatred and the attack itself, and by my inability to deal with it, my stubbornness and unwillingness to ask for help when I obviously needed it,by almost selling my soul to get ahead for money and making a lot of people hate me, including myself, my dishonesty when anyone asked if I was ok I'd lie and/or flip the fuck out out on them.

I've been different since the injury
    though, angrier, more distant,

colder,more violent, colder, etc

4. I don't even remember replying to your question. :laughing: it's been a good day

5. That article pissed me off so much....

6. I think it is insulting to women. Following the logic of that philosophy, women are incapable of making decisions themselves, and all women who choose to have sex with men are victims of manipulation.

To suggest that all women free of manipulation should be chaste or lesbian, is as bad as suggesting that all gays & lesbians should straight or chaste.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. What in the name of fuck did I just read?

Im with you on this one. The comments weren't any better either.

8. You poor thing Anni, I'm glad that you do recognize some triggers and can try and avoid them, yes the weather can effect my MIL too but for us we live in the tropics so its mostly hot and hotter here and the very high humidity just makes her tired and prone to fitting.She is the same with processed meats and chocolate. Any emotional turmoil can do it just like you!. But the sad thing is for her she has had so many seizures and the original brain bleed inshe is losing her memory now and there is nothing the neurologists can do to help her.

I know what its like to have your world turned upside down all of a sudden!. 7 yrs ago I had a lap band inserted to try and lose weight, I wasn't massive but I wasn't happy either and had tried everything. In all of the doc appts etc not once did they warn me that if you carried the genetic markers for it and lost/gained a lotof weight very quickly - like I did I lost 20kgs in a month you could end up triggering a Neurological disease that just robs you of any quality of life. Over here in Australia and New Zealand we call it Benign Intracranial Hypertension, I think its called Pseudotumour Cerebri in the USA. Basically my body produces far too much cerebral spinal fluid which is what your brain is protected by, but in my case my brain is being squashed by the fluid and pressure it causes inside the skull. I have had neurosurgery to insert a Shunt which has failed and 4 more rounds of neurosurgery to try and fix it. It doesn't drain into my stomach where it is supposed to, its curled itself in my spinal column and drains into my back, so when I bend over I have a lump the size of a Rockmelon in my back. The last time they drained it there was 1.5lts of CSF in my back!. I was addicted to oxycontin for 6 years - I was taking a lot of 80mg tabs a day, it has taken me a year of going through ATODS rehab to get off the stuff and get my life back. I used to sleep for 18hrs a day to try and cope with the excruciating pain in my head,( if you have ever had a migraine times that pain by 1000 and you have the pain of a high /low pressure headache.)

I just wanted you to know that although our diseases and circumstances are different I do understand how illness can change your life and your spouses life and how it makes you feel about yourself and all the pressure and stress it causes. Keep your chin up and don't let this condition get the better of you!! Don't let it win and rule your life.

9. You think youre ready to party in Mexico with me and enigma? (Pronounce as Meh-He-koe for full effect)?

10. I'm ready for anything :metal: nothing phases me after last week!

11. I need questions pimps and pimpettes

12. Favorite TV shows? I don't think I've ever heard you talking about TV before. Just curioso

13. Can I have your number? Oh wait too late ;) 

14. Do guys regularly hit on you?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. I hardly watch tv if I do it's normally American Dad, Dirty Jobs, Jeopardy, Wheel, Comedy Central, adult swim or documentaries
    You're lucky indeed

16. #1900 Annicus, Sep 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
    Oh yea they do ;) it's flattering but a little aggravating at times