Hydro Peppers!

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by Unclenugs, Oct 18, 2010.

1. Thanks man! If you read back, I actually dealt with this pollenating dilemma by collecting a bee hive that I found clinging to the eaves of my roof. I took a couple pictures!

There were two of them, so I didn't feel bad taking the smaller honey comb. :D
    [​IMG]

They seemed to be some sort of skinny bee.
    [​IMG]

I don't know what kind of honey they'll make, but I look foreward to sampling it after they pollenate my flowers, and make honey with the nectar... It better taste good, because they pack one hell of a sting.
    [​IMG]

I have one of these on the way, but until then, I'm just checking my nutrients very quickly.

2. hey man... im pretty sure that skinny bee u got there is a wasp. i think you may wanna look into that.

3. I was growing, cayenne peppers in a simple drain pipe, which uses a big 32 oz foam cups sitting in holes in the tube. The plants were a combination of perlite and vermiculite. The cups were slaughtered in order to suck nutrients such as cups nutrient mixture flowed at the latest.

4. Yeah, I'm pretty sure that is a wasp.

5. cool, thanks for the I.D.! What kind of honey do wasps make?

6. uhh yeah bro, wasps dont make honey, they arent a honey bee. Wasps have venom, thats why ur face swelled up when they stung you... i suggest you get rid of the wasps asap.

next time, to pollinate your peps, figure out the gender of each, then use a clean qtip to transfer the pollen. Ive used this method before, it works... and its much safer than a wasp nest.

7. Well, even if they don't make honey, they'll still pollenate my flowers, right? :confused:

8. #28 TexRx, Nov 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2010
    Most wasps are carnivorous and don't pollinate any plants. And I think you might be allergic to wasps since you swelled up that bad. I'd get rid of those nests by spraying them with wasp killer or just knock them to the ground with a broomstick and squash them with your feet. (then throw them away)

BTW - Nice pepper plant!

:)

9. peppers looking good. sorry don't mean to laugh at your misfortune but i was reminded of this went i saw your new friend, heh

[​IMG]

10. Damn, that's crazy. You are definitely allergic. You could have died from those stings, man.

You should go to a Dr. and get an EPI pen in case it happens again.

11. this thread made me laugh.. gl with the peppers! haha

12. :laughing: glad somebody else thinks it's funny.

Due to the existence of the peppers, obviously, I figured out that I needed to pollenate by hand a long time ago.

I clearly didn't put wasps in my room. :laughing:

It's amazing the pictures you can find on google. :rolleyes:

13. I :love: this thread. So awesome. :laughing:

Hey, I'm really loving your grow but could you send some of those wasps my way when you're done?
    I've got a potato tree that I really need to pollinate.

14. I'll send you my new EPI pen as well. Turns out they come in handy. :rolleyes:

15. Oh I don't need an EPI pen, I've got plenty of sharpies around here if I need to write on something...

16. :laughing:

But seriously, I appreciate everyone who tried to save my life :wave:

17. :laughing:

Epic thread :laughing:

'' I think they are some kind of skinny bee.'' :laughing:

18. :laughing:

good shit nugs!

the peppers look really nice dude!

19. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Had a couple casualties. some of 'em just don't want to stay attached. :confused_2: I've got about 5-6 good loookin' peppers comin' in.
    [​IMG]