Baseball Official Major League Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Philly, Oct 17, 2010.

1. The only thing I don't like about price is we would be giving up a ton for him just for the 80 games. Like the Beltran deal.

2. That's a lot of dumb statements at once.
    Outside of the context of a deadline deal, those two are hardly comparable trade scenarios at all. Price is an in-his-prime T.O.R. arm who hasn't accrued a lot of mileage and, barring injury, will be guaranteed to make a positive contribution to the team even in a short span of time; you also know that you have no chance at re-signing him after the season, so you can take that with you to the negotiating table to lower the price slightly.

Carlos Beltran was a 34-year-old corner outfielder with an injury history coming off a couple spotty years, and moving Zach Wheeler to get him was an overpay at the time (and still is now even with Wheeler losing this whole season to injury).

3. The way I see it with Hamels...he was just bored and not motivated being on a losing team. I can see if he gets on a contender he will go back to the Hamels we knew.

4. Damn, why did half of that post not end up there? Wanted to talk about CarGo's monster week & the trades that went down today.

5. I know, plus all that money tied to Hamels...yuck.

I wanted David Price since he left the Rays, rumors swirled even before he went to the Tigers.

6. #18586 StickyIckyRicky, Jul 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2015
    Troy Tulowitzki and LaTroy Hawkins just got traded to the Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and a package of minor-leaguers, not including Jays' top prospect Dan Norris.

Colorado, WHAT ARE YOU DOING??

7. Royals picked up Ben Zobrist from Oakland for two minor-league pitchers, including their 2013 1st-round pick.

8. Jenrry Mejia is dumb as fuck. Two suspensions in the same season for the same steroid, plus a new one the second time alongside it? Come on bruh.

Rolling with "why are you so dumb," Ruben Amaro (or whoever is de facto in charge of Phillies' front office operations for the remainder of the 2015 season) flipped our disgruntled closer to our DIVISION RIVAL for what is basically a salary dump (we got a AA-ball right-hander in return). COME ON.

9. peace out Pap...its been rill

Hype for the Giles era. He looked solid last night.

10. Latos and Morse to the Dodgers. Lol. Keep spending that money. It won't but those rings.

11. Dodgers want Price from Detroit. The Tigers are selling all their good players and "rebooting." Fuck...

12. Hamels to Texas all but a done deal.

My favorite pitcher ever rounds out his Philadelphia career with a no-no. Incredible.

13. Awful return though. I like Jorge Alfaro as a prospect, but catching prospects rarely make it to the level they're often projected at. We got three potential top-100 prospects in the game between Alfaro, OF Nick Williams, and P Jake Thompson, plus another prospect, but we also had to take on Matt Harrison and his remaining $30mil to do that. Granted, Harrison with a messed-up back is probably still an improvement to our rotation over the short-term. All told three high-ranking prospects is nice, but I'm very wary of Alfaro's ability to call a game as well as his plate discipline.

Darvish-Hamels will be a nice top 2 for Texas from 2016-2018. If Martin Perez can bounce back from TJ surgery (and he's looked terrible thus far) that's another nice piece for them. Plus they still have a couple young arms in the minors. Joey Gallo and Norman Mazara should be patrolling the OF by 2017, though probably not with Leonys Martin in CF since he's underwhelmed a lot.

14. Blue Jays acquire Tulow and Price in the same week. Daaaaammmmm

15. Fuck the Jays are going to be tough, as are the Astros to beat in the Wild Card.

Was hoping my guys were going to make some moves and bring in some bullpen help or maybe another bat..

We got to get out of this slump to hang on to the wild card. Not looking good right now.

16. Leake to the giants for Duval and another prospects.
    I like this one.

17. I notice there's an extreme lack of Royals talk in here. You're all just hoping not to say the wrong thing, don't wanna reverse-jinx em, eh?

Anyway, I like the moves. Cueto will already be better than Shields was last season, and maybe he can help out Ventura a little bit.
    Not entirely sure if Zobrist is on the level of "brilliant" as far as acquisitions go... But he's a former All Star, so he's gotta give us something.

18. Tigers get rid of Dave Dombrowski. Well, here we go.......

19. Yordano could start helping himself by shutting the fuck up.

20. Its been so great since the break, my man.

I thought Sandberg was the worst manager of all time but still I did not expect this quick of a turnaround after the change.

Dat grand slam last night by Franco was a bomb. Best part was you could see it coming through the AB. just waiting for his pitch. Guy is fun to watch. The walk by Herrera the AB prior was huge, too.

You catch it?