Baseball Official Major League Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Philly, Oct 17, 2010.

1. Heston may find himself as a legit starter in this rotation. 9 innings strong, 10 ks, only allowed 2 hits and 1 run. Impressive stuff!

Oh yea...Duffy is legit at 3B.

2. Mauer and Plouffe with back to back triples.. impressive. 

3. Was reviewing 2015's most notable Baseball WAGs earlier. Shouts to David DeJesus for managing to turn a pretty adequate career and $40 million in career earnings into arguably the hottest wife of any player in baseball. Must be the Brooklyn in him.

[​IMG]

4. Damn I see you david.

Brad Penny's put some work in too, first he had some chick off Dancing With the Stars who was pretty hot and now he's married to an OKC thunder cheerleader.

5. Addison Reed bumped from the closer's role in Arizona...looks like they're going to turn to Brad Ziegler again. Gotta say, not a huge fan of Reed as a closer. Maybe it's just me.

Chase Whitley tore his UCL in his start yesterday with the Yankees, probably will need Tommy John surgery.

Phils call up top hitting prospect Maikel Franco.

Houston calls up pitching prospect Lance McCullers, their 2012 first-round pick.

6. Bryce Harper...dude is a straight baller!

Stanton.....I havent seen the ball travel that far in quite some time. Strongest guy in the majors...

7. Marlins fire Mike Redmond.

Phils' top hitting prospect Maikel Franco had an RBI triple and his first major-league HR today against the DBacks.

DBacks' Cuban import Yasmani Tomas had his first major-league HR last night against the Phils.

Shelby Miller lost a no-hitter with 2 outs in the ninth today.

And Noah Syndergaard accidentally drilled Carlos Gomez in the helmet with a fastball.

8. Joey Bats with a mammoth homer today off Cesar Ramos

9. Also, watching the Mets game (first Mets game I've watched all year) rn. I'm just really impressed at how Matt Harvey has not missed a beat. It's like he didn't even have TJ surgery.

2013: 2.27 ERA, 0.93 WHIP, .209 BAA, 191:31 K:BB (6.16 K per BB), .75 hits per IP
    2015: 1.98 ERA, 0.91 WHIP, .209 BAA, 56:8 K:BB (7.0 K per BB), .91 hits per IP

10. White Sox 6 games, 4 series in a row

Finally some decent baseball

11. Fuck yeah. Joe goes yard (doesn't happen often) in the top of the 13th here in inter-league play against the Pirates to break the tie. 

Follow it up with a Trevor Plouffe double with only one out. 

Pelfrey also had two hits for us tonight. Quite impressive for an American League pitcher. lol

12. Another gem by Timmy!

13. What does a $250 million pay role get you.
    A pair of brooms.
    Sweep sweep.

14. Mad Bum owns Kershaw...haha. That solo jack was mighty..

15. Madbum needs a cy young

16. I just watched mad bums bomb again.
    He is a beast.
    Got to home and tipped his helmet at Keyshawn.
    He had more RBIs then the whole dodger team
    Did that series.

17. #18477 Ryan Donnelly, May 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2015
    Scherzer livin up to that big ass paycheck

Nats just rollin. Can't wait to get Rendon back

18. Should of traded straus when he was worth something.

19. Dodgers-Braves trade talks regarding Juan Uribe and Alberto Callapso apparently called off after a player veto..

20. Pence has made this Giants team once again a contender.

Crawford (all star IMO), Duffy, and Belt are hitting the ball well. Aoki has been a steal this season.

We already know about the pitchers, but if the hitters continue to swing the bat, watch out NL.